How muc weight have you gained on the reset?

Options
2»

Replies

• mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    I am on week 5 of the reset, and I keep gaining and losing the same 4 pounds. I calculated my TDEE from my Fitbit averages and I am always + or - 50 calories away from my goal.

Before the reset I was feeling really great about how my body was looking thanks to lifting. Have to admit that I haven't been doing much exercising during this reset-my Fibromyalgia has really been bothering me. So I am really looking forward to my cut and getting back to lifting so I can get back on track!
  • rr85114
    rr85114 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 of eating at TDEE cut (so not doing a full reset), and after 5 days I went up 0.8kg (about 1.8 pounds). Just this morning (day 10) I'm back down to where I started at 78.3kg. If it fluctuates up again, does that mean I probably need to get my reset on?
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Week 5 is just starting for me, and I weigh in tomorrow, but basically I am about even for the time. I was eating at Cut for about 6 weeks prior, and had "lost" about 4 pounds, and then it jumped back up. Then I went to TDEE, and it dropped down again, and then rose back up.. So basically I am about a pound on either side of my starting weight prior to even finding EMTWL... I am "happy" not to have gained at this point, but my inches has risen everywhere which really bothers me...
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am four weeks in, and have gained ONE pound. (if that. That pound keeps coming and going depending on lifting schedule ;)
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure that you are eating at TDEE consistently - Even on your rest days b/c until you are consistent with this your body will still have doubts about when it will rec'v the fuel it needs...Consistency is KEY here!!!

What Autumn said here seems really important. I think it's why I haven't gained a ton. Even if I'm feeling bloated or icky one morning, I still eat my TDEE. On days when I lift, I dont' sweat going over a bit (yesterday I lifted, went 100 cal over TDEE and a bit over protein, and it's fine. I've done that for 5 weeks now from time to time with no issues).

If you have a weird day, where it's hard to get in your macro ratios, still get in your calories! I was on vacation last week, and didn't get to macro levels at all, but kept working on getting in the calories. One day it was really hard--I hit only 1700--but I made sure that wasn't an ongoing booboo. :)