First day for Reset!

thmprdale
thmprdale Posts: 30 Member
So, today was my first day at reset. Can we all say HALLELUJAH?!

Quite possibly, this has been the best day of my diet life so far. I don't think I've ever ate so much in my life without feling guilty and knowing that what I ate is good for my body.

I did get my first "You're eating that much?!" today. While my mom was cooking dinner, I told her I wanted the tuna pasta, green beans, and orange and the left over prok steak from yesterday (I had so many calories to eat!). She says "You're eating all of that? I thought you were on a diet." I told her I was. :]

Now, I still have some work to do on getting my macros right, but I think I'm off to a decent start.

How was everyone else's first day at reset? Did you enjoy it or have any problems?

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    I had a hard time hitting 3150 calories on my first couple of days...but finally managed to get there. Havent looked back since.
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Great job. It does feel awesome to be able to eat without the guilt, doesn't it?
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Keep up the good work
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Hi Meaghan!!

I started my Reset yesterday too.

My TDEE is 2245 and somhow I managed to get just about ALL of it in me! WHEW!!

Check out the Reset Thread if you haven't already. I am so happy to someone in your age group making such a sensible and healthy choice like this! When I was 18, I was doing some very, very, VERY stupid things to lose weight.
    Now here I am at age 51, STILL battling my body.

One thing that I am coming to realize from Eating More is to RESPECT my body enough to keep it healthy and in the best possible shape.

I no longer desire to force it to LOOK a certain way while torturing it to get there.

Good Luck Hon and keep in touch, OK?
  • thmprdale
    @fiveohmike I had a hard time too getting my calories in. I came up 300 short but I'll get there.

@sweatpantsreb it feels AMAZING.

@noor13 thank you! :)

@rosie915 thank you! Believe me I've done my fair share Of stupid things but I think I'm on the right track now. Good luck to you too!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Oh, CONGRATS on taking the big step! I love to hear people tell me "you're gonna get fat eating all that food"!:noway: It's such a hoot watching them drink their lunch or eat a tiny salad while I throw down on BBQ chick, baked potato, greens, AND cake! I make nom nom noises too...bahahahaha!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • thmprdale
    @plumsgrl lol! That's awesome. I'm not really worried about weight gain even. Anyone have advice on when I should start weight training? Should I wait until after I'm done with the reset?