TDEE Reset - Worst pain ever.. Help

Options
ebonypixie
ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
So this is my first post on the EM2WL forums but Ive been lurking here for a while. Im so grateful for the info and motivation on here that made me want to repair my body and start from scratch again.

I started my Reset on Friday 22nd June so Im on day 5 today. Yesterday was a nightmare for me. Currently my TDEE is around 2200..which is not hard for me to reach on my old binge days.. BUT ive been trying to reach my macros and cut out the crap and it has me so friggin full I cant stand it.
So yesterday had meusli and a banana for my first breakfast and a couple hours later had a slice of bacon and 3 egg whites scrambled. Shortly after this I was doubled over with acute abdominal cramping, almost like a stitch.
This lasted the rest of my workday until around 2pm. I got home, ate some yogurt and PB and went for a light jog.

Fixed dinner around 7.30pm..nothing abnormally big, just a turkey stir fry. I wasnt hungry for it but felt I needed to get in the calories. 3 hours later I was doubed over again with the most bloat I have ever seen..my stomach was distended so far it hurt. I went to bed and writhed in pain all night. I felt so nauseous I vomited up my dinner(still completely undigested, sorry TMI)

I had to call in sick to work this morning and Im pissed off. Thankfully I feel fine now but everytime I think of the eggs it turns my stomach :/
Anyone have any similar experiences? My body didnt react like this the previous days but I dont think Ive ever eaten a high calories 5 consecutive days before. Then Im thinking maybe the eggs did something to me.,

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Niamh xxx

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a stomach virus, you could have gotten it from just about anywhere...
    Stick to foods that you normally eat, keep hydrated, get some rest!
  • ebonypixie
    Options
    Do you think it will affect my reset at all? Was so excited to do this properly but the last thing I wanna do now is eat more..:P Never thought Id say that!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Just start over when you are feeling better. Bloating for a couple days is pretty normal, but that pain doesn't sound right.

You can also slowly increase your calories if you find that works better, after a few days your body will adjust and you will be wanting MORE!!! Lol
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the stomach flu or mild food poisoning. Sorry you don't feel good ! :frown:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Don't think it's from eating that many calories. Being bloated yes, but being in pain and nauseous-that sound more like a bug.

Just stay hydrated for now, that's the most important thing. As soon as you are feeling better, do what you did before
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    you definetly have a stomach bug or something. feel better soon!!
  • ebonypixie
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies! I didnt think it was normal either but I had heard about EM2WL newbs bloating and feeling blah so I thought maybe it was part of the process and I had just gone to the extreme..

Ive the day off (thanks to my tummy) so Im gonna take full advantage. (Still in bed at 2pm) :)
    xxx
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Where was the pain? Look at your stomach (look down) Lower Right Quadrant would be above your pelvis to about belly button line, upper right quadrant belly button up to below your breast, lower left quadrant is pelvis up to belly button your left side, upper left quadrant is belly button up to breast.

Identify the quadrant of pain is generally a better way of diagnosing problems.

FYI, Gallbladder pain is a Right Upper Quadrant Pain.

How do you feel today?
  • ebonypixie
    Options
    It was left lower quadrant and mostly an intermittent sharp pain to start with which progressed into a full all out abdominal ache all night. Cut to this morning and I dont feel any discomfort, only than the bloating thats come with the increased cals. But even that is barely noticeable compared to my 10months pregnant belly of hell last night :P

Im confused but I dont mind once I feel better today. My stomachs a bit iffy from being sick but Ive managed a bit of food so far.. some cereal and tea and a smoothie.

Might just have a sandwich for dinner tonight and drink some ovaltine for vitamins and calories.