Started on June 4th

Betsnikel
Betsnikel Posts: 33 Member
Hello all. I started the 17 day diet on June 4th and so far I feel like I've done pretty well. I have lost 14.5 pounds so far and I have to admit that I'm sort of afraid of cycle 2 with all the added foods. I did so well in cycle one that I don't want to slow down my weight loss. Is there anyone out there that has been sucessful with the 2nd and 3rd cycles? :ohwell:

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Rayne78 has. She's lost heaps. Read some of the other threads in this 17 day diet forum section where she comments and gives some advice.
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    I have had success with all three cycles here is the breakdown of what i've lost so far
    Round 1 - C1 - 10.2lbs C2 - 6.4 lbs C3 - 0.6 lbs (I went away for a weekend in C3 and slowed my progress, but I was ok with it)
    Round 2 - C1 - 7.8lbs C2 - 4.4 lbs C3 - 5.2 lbs
    Round 3 - C1 - 6.6 lbs C2 - 2.6lbs C3 - 8.6lbs (Went away for an extra long weekend at end of C2, didn't quite lose all of my gain by the end of the cycle, which is why C3 is quite higher, 2.8 lbs was water weight from my weekend gain)
    Round 4 - C1 - today is day 17 and I'm on track to lose about 4.5 lbs

Each Round seems to result in a ~ 17 lb loss each time. As of yesterday morning, I've lost a total of 56.8 lbs since being on the 17dd since Jan 9
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    I have had success with all three cycles here is the breakdown of what i've lost so far
    Round 1 - C1 - 10.2lbs C2 - 6.4 lbs C3 - 0.6 lbs (I went away for a weekend in C3 and slowed my progress, but I was ok with it)
    Round 2 - C1 - 7.8lbs C2 - 4.4 lbs C3 - 5.2 lbs
    Round 3 - C1 - 6.6 lbs C2 - 2.6lbs C3 - 8.6lbs (Went away for an extra long weekend at end of C2, didn't quite lose all of my gain by the end of the cycle, which is why C3 is quite higher, 2.8 lbs was water weight from my weekend gain)
    Round 4 - C1 - today is day 17 and I'm on track to lose about 4.5 lbs

Each Round seems to result in a ~ 17 lb loss each time. As of yesterday morning, I've lost a total of 56.8 lbs since being on the 17dd since Jan 9

WOW WOW WOW Rayne!! you are amazing! any suggestions for those of us who are novices..about how to make this work??
  • rayne78
    rayne78 Posts: 88 Member
    WOW WOW WOW Rayne!! you are amazing! any suggestions for those of us who are novices..about how to make this work??

Thanks so much!! It still feels like I have so far to go, but I appreciate the praise. Not sure what I can say, but I would say the biggest contributor (for me anyways) to my journey has been my eating. Exercise certainly helps, but in the beginning (1st month) I wasn't doing any exercise at all and the weight still came off. I firmly believe that without the proper fuel your body doesn't know how to fully react/recover to/from the exercise you subject it to. If you have a bad exercise week, get injured etc, stick with the healthy eating and you will be fine! Follow a meal plan that works for you. If you have to have a small cheat that helps to keep you sane and on track, but doesn't cause you to blow your daily goals, go for it! Do what works for you that keeps you heading towards your goal.
  • dyannajoy
    "Do what works for you that keeps you heading towards your goal"

Thank you for sharing a part of your road to success with us. I really appreciate it! and your wisdom is perfect! 66 lbs is AMAZING!!!:flowerforyou:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Thanks Rayne!
  • dyannajoy
    Hello all. I started the 17 day diet on June 4th and so far I feel like I've done pretty well. I have lost 14.5 pounds so far and I have to admit that I'm sort of afraid of cycle 2 with all the added foods. I did so well in cycle one that I don't want to slow down my weight loss. Is there anyone out there that has been sucessful with the 2nd and 3rd cycles? :ohwell:

that is AWESOME!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: