30's Daily - 6/26

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)

Replies

• ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Its my birthday! I'm celebrating by taking the day off and doing not much of anything.

Well I've been a little MIA the last few days, but I'm feeling more on track now. I'm considering stopping the NROL4W. I got to that point where it was staring to feel like I had to do it and I couldn't do what I wanted for exercise. I don't know. I get the benefit of lifting and I did enjoy it, but I think I could get the same types of benefits from doing yoga. I mean how is yoga not heavy lifting? I weigh a lot more than I've ever been able to lift so balancing that weight must be a comparable benefit, right? Plus it has a lot of other benefits like stress relief and flexibility that I just did not get from lifting. I don't know, any thoughts from anyone?

Going to try and make it to the pool today. We hit a record high temp ever recorded in the state yesterday and today is on track for the same. I've been seriously considering going to stay in a hotel just to get the benefit of AC but I doubt they would too happy if I brought my cats! Sigh, guess I just have to put up with it. The wildfires are also really bad, so many people have lost their homes its just terrible. I think the last update I read about the big fire up north said it had burned something like 85,000 acres so far. Looks to be a rough summer here if this heat doesn't let up.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone and Happy Birthday Ellie! I'm going to try yoga for the first time this weekend so I can't comment on that one quite yet. Good luck on staying cool and stay safe!!

Wasn’t able to get up early enough to make my run this morning so I'm going to have a nice tall glass of suck it up and run after I'm off work. Hey, a little extra sweat never hurts... hopefully. ;) Interesting question... anyone have an allergic reaction from their deodorant? Also, I've heard good things about deodorant stones but I've always thought of that as a more hippish kind of thing that didn't work but I hear some people swear by them.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Many Happy Returns to Ellie, hope you have a fab Birthday and get spoiled rotten!
    I've never had allergies to deodorant unless being revolted by the smell of some of the young hip products available. Sometimes i think the ads were the guy sprays on brand x and is set upon by hundreds of rabid underwear models may not be 100% true to life!.

Hope everyone's having a good day in their part of the world. I had a very interesting and positive get together with my trainer last night. She kicked my now rather skinny backside and filled my head with info. Basically I've been my own worst enemy and my body has struggled because of it. My strength training has been going ok but because I've been doing intense cardio at the same time on not enough calories I've been burning muscle. So from now on I'm increasing my strength training by half and cutting out all intense cardio bar 10 minutes per gym session. My salad filled lunch and dinners haven't been supplying me with enough carbs either. So from now on it's watching and pushing my carbs and protein. Plus now I'm fitter diet based food items have a counteractive effect. Low calorie margarine will now prove to be difficult for my body to digest and it will store it as fat. I'm better off eating butter. How the heck does that work. Plus i can now metabolise lots of different food more efficiently like salmon or avocado. It was a really interesting get together. I have not been taking care of myself at all. Low calorie days when i was trying to lose weight were fine. Now i need to eat more to maintain my weight and fitness. So i have a new outlook and feel a lot fitter and healthier than i had been.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ellie - Happy birthday! I hope it's lovely and lazy :smile:

Paul - fuel that body! Low fat foods also tend to have high sodium to make up for lack of taste. :angry:

Randy - I like that, tall glass of suck it up :laugh: I think starting Thurs my weekday runs will have to be 6am because running in 80-90 degree weather does not sound appealing!

Today's run was glorious. It was low 70s, nice breeze and partly cloudy. truly great outside. I had to cut it short because I had to take my daughter for bloodwork, but I'm glad I squeezed it in! Yoga tonight :bigsmile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Randy, do you know what you're having a reaction to? Deodorant really only has a couple ingredients so perhaps its just some added dye or perfume that is irritating you? I would try to narrow that down first. See if your brand changed any of their ingredients or if you tried a new brand what's different in it than what you currently use. Could also be that you developed an allergy over time, I had that happen recently with my face moisturizer, I had been using it for years and all of the sudden it gave me a rash on my cheeks (cute right?). Could also be a reaction to another product you are using on your body, look at your soap, moisturizer, anything. Sorry, can you tell I have sensitive skin? I have to do this pretty often myself, lol.

Paul, that is interesting stuff! Glad things are going well with the changes you are making to your diet.

Debbie, I am totally jealous of your 70 degrees! I think I'm going to have to start running at 4 am!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Ellie - Oh, I know what did it. It was a new brand I figured I would give a try. lol I stopped using is the very next day. Yeah, I hear you there my skin can be sensitive also. Well, as you now know lol.

Just now starting to discover I'm not eating enough. Learning about this whoe TDEE thing. haha

Paul, Glad to hear the good news!!

Debbie, yeah, running in the morning is the only option for me. Well except for today but thankfully it's not too hot today lol
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Ellie! Hope you have a great one!

Paul, sounds like a great session!

Haha, Randy, I like that too, a tall glass of suck it up!

I have been on the go all day today, between babysitting, grocery shopping and then more babysitting...I am pooped! Not working out tonight and relaxing on the couch. I have had a lingering dull head ache today.

Tonight I changed my work out goal in settings from 5 days to 4 since I have been so tired and keep getting headaches and the back pain. If I go 5 days, great, if I do 4 then I won't feel too bad.

Hope everyone has had a nice day!