Injuries, weight loss and firming up

Options
I'm turning 40 in a matter of weeks and have just realized my body isn't bouncing back as quickly as it used to. I'm battling a significant rotator cuff impingement injury (caused by a weight lifting error; not being warm) as well as a failed hernia surgery from 2 years ago (my guess is because my body fat was SO low when I had the surgery and now I've chunked up a bit; and not in a good way) - caused by another weight lifting error. BUT. I can run and do it every chance I get (anywhere between 3-10 miles).

So here's the deal....I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how I can tone up without my gym membership (cancelled it over a year ago when I had to give up weights in order to heal the first time around with these injuries - only to have them flare up a year later...aka...now). Also trying to figure out how to tone up while battling through these injuries (I have the ok by my MD to work out as long as I don't go nuts about it).

I'm not over weight by societies standards but I've let myself go 'teenager' in the eating department for over a year now and I can see the results. In the way my clothes fit, in my chipmunk cheeks, in my no longer defined arms, and my legs......oh don't get me started on my flabby legs.

Despite 'my growth' I'm not held captive over it and know that my worth and value are found in the favor of Jesus Christ. However, I know that I've mistreated my body through my free for all eating for this last year and add in two injuries that have prevented me from adding any real strength training to my running......well, it's just time to round this corner and come up with a new plan.

With that said, I would love input on anyone who has been there, or is there and what kind of plan you've come up with to work around injuries and your goals.

Thanks!!