Scale abstinence June 2012

Options
Whisperinghorse
Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
Ok So I remember quite a few of us vowed to stay away from those pesky scales until the end of this month....

How many managed it?

Well I can confess I didnt :frown: I weighed and measured 2 weeks ago although I promised not to until this Friday 29th June.. Naughty!

So did you manage it and if you did would you post your results this week????

Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think I spear headed this insane idea! I will be weighing in for the first time this month on Saturday! I def feel good despite some binge days when my sister visited with her kids!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I must confess....I did not abstain...I'm so ashamed! :indifferent: I did manage not to weigh as often as I had been though. :wink:
  • ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I didnt promise but have abstained - mostly because Ive not been doing what I should have and was too scared to go on them...Ill wait till I have done a few more workouts and eaten less for a few more days....lol
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My last weigh in was Monday 4th and I then put the scales under the bed and thought 'out of sight out of mind' but they were calling to me. I resisted but didn't know how much longer I could last so I gave them to my son and they are now living under HIS bed.

This is a good thing as he is a typical teen and gets up after I do so even though I could get them out at any other point in the day it would be pointless because I weigh in first thing in the morning :)

Monday has always been my weigh in and log day but we're at friends' for an Indian or Chinese on Saturday night and even if I make 'good' choices there will still be sodium bloat on Monday so I'm not waiting until then lol

I have had the measuring tape out - it's become my new obsession! - and have lost inches. I can tell on my clothes too - my belt does up an extra notch and a fitted, boned top that the zip wouldn't do up the last 2 or 3 inches at the beginning of the month fits perfectly (I tried it on this morning!).

Will report back with scale results :)
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    AH I did GREAT untill.......

this is so psychotic btw.

at a dinner party i noticed a scale in the hosts bathroom and i couldn't resist (3+ weeks no scale). my inner dialogue ran like this:

me- dont get on you idiot! It's 9 pm...you've had 3 glasses of wine and a huge hunk of blue cheese, this wont end well
    me- yea, but i feel great, what if i get on and its says i've LOST...like, A BUNCH. That would be awesome
    me- but it won't say that
    me- but it could
    me- ok fine, but it wont. and then you'll REALLY regret that last piece of cake.

that lasted about 3.9 seconds and my *kitten* was up and weighed. I DIDNT FREAK OUT THOUGH that it said i was 1 lb heavier than 3 weeks ago!!! i just thought, "well that wasnt so bad" and went back downstairs.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    haha I love that you did it in someone elses house! 3 weeks is great though!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    AH I did GREAT untill.......

this is so psychotic btw.

at a dinner party i noticed a scale in the hosts bathroom and i couldn't resist (3+ weeks no scale). my inner dialogue ran like this:

me- dont get on you idiot! It's 9 pm...you've had 3 glasses of wine and a huge hunk of blue cheese, this wont end well
    me- yea, but i feel great, what if i get on and its says i've LOST...like, A BUNCH. That would be awesome
    me- but it won't say that
    me- but it could
    me- ok fine, but it wont. and then you'll REALLY regret that last piece of cake.

that lasted about 3.9 seconds and my *kitten* was up and weighed. I DIDNT FREAK OUT THOUGH that it said i was 1 lb heavier than 3 weeks ago!!! i just thought, "well that wasnt so bad" and went back downstairs.

I love that you did it someone else's house too!!!:devil:

I vowed to stay off the scale for 8 weeks and I made it. Doing that broke my "scale addiction" and when I got on and saw a gain, I felt absolutely NOTHING, nothing at all!!!
  • hollydohrman
    hollydohrman Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have managed to stay away from the scale but I have been tempted many times. I see it sitting there and I so want to step on it and see where I'm at. Saturday's the day for me. I'm excited but nervous too. Not really sure why, it is just a number.
  • bsinno
    Options
    yes, this has defiantly been an experiment in breaking my scale addiction. I'm also oddly nervous to weigh myself sunday and I'm tempted to push it off another month
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Ha, I've decided not to have a scale in my apartment and so any time I weigh myself I'm doing it at my parents or a friend's house, lol, just like bsinno!

I managed to only weigh myself once over the month. It was disappointing to weigh the same, but I'm getting some nsvs here and there and my energy is up so that's great.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Options
    so we nearly ALL caved in!! :embarassed:

Oh dear....

I shall look forward to updating and seeing updates... Me? Yes I lost a pound 2 weeks ago and 1/2 inch from my waist, SO if I still weigh the same and have lost another 1/2 inch then I'll be vitually high fiving the lot of you !!

:smooched:
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did, but not by choice, my husband hid the scale on me. I don't know where he put it:wink:
  • bsinno
    Options
    OK you guys....

I've decided to do my official end of the month weigh in, measure & pics tomorrow instead of July 1.....Im so sorry to cheat BUT....

I'd rather do it friday after a good week than on sunday since i allow myself to be a little *looser* with my logging & cals during the weekend. And i dont want to blame anything on the wine i had saturday night or the salty & wonderful steamed blue crabs i plan on having sunday!
  • Whisperinghorse
    Options
    Weighed and measured this morning...

Still the same no movement, but I did have a naughty day yesterday and think too much salt...

Will give it 2 days and meaure and weigh again on Sunday morning... :grumble:
  • bsinno
    Options
    how do you FEEL about the number, Whisper? im curious...did it hit you just as hard as when you were weighing more often?

i ended up NOT weighing today b/c i forgot to get the scale from my mom. my guess is that i will weigh the same though. :/ hoping to see an inch or two off the map tho...
  • Whisperinghorse
    Options
    Well I only ever weighed once a week, but I did expect something this morning. I feel peed off about it, but after going to the chippy last night I'm not that surprised so will re weigh on Sunday give it time to get out of my system... I'm hitting all macros and am netting 1550 without fail or a little over 1550 and my TDEE confirmed by fitbit is 2100-2300 per day...

I have been 7 weeks eating like this and not seeing much in the way of anything happening, but I didnt lose at 1200, 1300, 1750 or 2000 cals either! I did drop at 1450-1500 so am giving 2 more weeks.