Which TDEE would I use on vacation?

graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Quick question! When I go to Ohio next week, my exercise routine will probably just be walking the dog. :-) So if I want to eat at TDEE, which one would I do from Scooby? My normal or my TDEE for lightly active?

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    HOw long are you gone for?
    I believe you keep the same TDEE you are normally on for vacation.. unless vacation is longer than say 2 weeks, then Id maybe cut it back a bit.. I wouldnt wory too much about eating at TDEE while having a rest week.. For you, considering how much you work out, I would probably just eat you current TDEE and just enjoy:)
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    I'd agree w/ staying at your "regularly scheduled" TDEE ... as a MAX. I wouldnt suggest going over that, since you're not really fueling any exercise! But- I wouldn't cut back too much.

OR.................
    Maybe just don't log? Take a vacation from that too!!!! Eat as your body tells you to! That's what I'm doing when I go away in a couple of weeks.
  • graysmom2005
    I'd agree w/ staying at your "regularly scheduled" TDEE ... as a MAX. I wouldnt suggest going over that, since you're not really fueling any exercise! But- I wouldn't cut back too much.

OR.................
    Maybe just don't log? Take a vacation from that too!!!! Eat as your body tells you to! That's what I'm doing when I go away in a couple of weeks.
    Not log?? I'm sorry, no understand??? LOL!!!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Not log?? I'm sorry, no understand??? LOL!!!

hahaha omg I know. It's painful. BUT you're on vacation! That means being somewhere new, doing things you never have time for, relaxing, not worrying about things ........like calories :)
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    I was told the same thing. If you are talking a week or so then stay at your current TDEE. If you are talking a month off then you would adjust your TDEE.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    I ate my TDEE during vacation :)
  • graysmom2005
    I would like to add that I use the term "vacation" loosely. I'm driving myself, my dog, and 2 young sons to Ohio to hang with my parents. Haha!
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Stick with your TDEE if it's just for one week or two.