Question for anyone who knows the answer

walker001
walker001 Posts: 116 Member
I have been on eating my BMR since June 17. I have lost a few lbs but think I should be losing more. I think I was told not to eat back my calories. However I earn between 300-600 calories almost 5-6 days a week and still only eating just shy of 1500.

Which means I don't think I am netting very many calories.

What should do??????

thanks so much

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    I have been on eating my BMR since June 17. I have lost a few lbs but think I should be losing more. I think I was told not to eat back my calories. However I earn between 300-600 calories almost 5-6 days a week and still only eating just shy of 1500.

Which means I don't think I am netting very many calories.

What should do??????

thanks so much

Can you post your stats? Age/height/weight.

I don't think you're eating enough!!
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    definitely not eating enough based on what you've said. post your stats and exercise routine (by hours) and we'll help you get those numbers right. :smile:
  • walker001
    My stats are age 62, wt 203, height 5.6" I bike, walk and garden every day and burn 300-600 calories. For instance it is today a 7.50 mil bike ride for 50 mins and up and down many hills. MY HRM is in getting fixed so I am going by what MFP says I burnt. Yesteday we bike for 45 min and walked in the evening for 35 min., Burnt 627 calories.

Judy
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Hello

your BMR is 1551
    TDEE with moderate exersice 2404
    TDEE with 15% cut 2043

if you put strenuous exercise the TDEE goes up to 2676 and the cut would be 2274

If you have been on low calories for a long time it is advisable to do a reset, which means eating TDEE for 8 weeks and then go to your cut value.

Feel free to ask any questions-we are here to help :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    I would also encourage you to read all of the stickied threads at the top of this forum, it will answer a lot of questions and give you a lot of great info.
  • walker001
    Can't I just up it to around 1800 and see how that works. Shoud I be netting 1500 my BMR after my exercise.????
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    You should never net below your BMR.
    1800 is still too big of a cut and your body could switch into starvation mode, hindering you from losing weight.
    If you eat the 2000 your exercise cals are included, so you don't need to eat them back unless you are having very high burns and you would net below your BMR.