What are your lifting goals?

rmhand
rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
So ladies what are your goals for strength training?

Increase strength?
Build muscles to efficiently burn fat?
Hypertrophy?
Lose weight?
Burn fat?
Combination?

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    I'm doing a short bulk for strength and hypertrophy.

My goals will change as I progress through the Jamie Eason 12 week LiveFit Trainer.
    My end goals are lower body fat percentage and more defined muscles.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Currently it's maintain muscle, lose fat, and hopefully gain strength (or at least not lose any).

I did a 4 month bulking cycle over the winter.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Build/preserve muscle, lose fat and hopefully gain strength :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Right now it is to lose fat. Next fall will be gain mass and strength
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Main goal: Increased strength.

Secondary goals: Increased muscle mass, and an overall change in body composition (less fat, more muscle)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    More muscle mass and more strength
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    change body composition (decrease body fat) + increase in strength
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    I want to qualify for next years Australian powerlifting championships in the elite level 2 category. In order to do so I want to lose 10kgs to get into the next weight division down and I need to increase my overall total from 285kg to 335kg.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Currently, it's to gain strength and build some muscle. I did a 4-month bulk last winter and am thinking of doing a short one this winter as well.
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    I'm trying to get my body fat % down to around 15% (currently 20%). I don't really care about the number on the scale anymore. Quite happy with where my strength is going, at a bit of a plateau as far as that goes, so am focusing alot on form and get more reps in
  • taryn_tino
    taryn_tino Posts: 2 Member
    I am focusing on strength and corrective exercises so that I can get into powerlifting once my injuries are under control. Of course, I want to look good too! I'm trying to just focus on strength goals (# of pullups or weight on the bar) instead of inches or pounds lost.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    at the moment i'm focusing on preserving as much muscle as i can since i'll be losing 80 pounds. so my workouts are more with compound movements and working close to my 1 rep max

once i reach my goal weight i want to start a bulk cycle for 4-6 months to try packing on more muscle (more muscle = more hot wings :laugh: ) and i'll change my workouts to more isolation hypertrophy stuff.

i think in general i'd like to get and keep my body fat around the 18-20% range
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member
    change body composition (decrease body fat) + increase in strength

Me too. Don't care about bulking, I have plenty of size already. I would like to maintain as I lose.

And I want to be able to do a chin-up!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    For me is increase strength and body recomp.
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Increase strength, improve body composition, hypertrophy, burn fat.

Down the road, post wedding, I'd like to start running bulk and cut cycles to build additional muscle as well.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    I want to be able to do it all. I need to lose fat, gain muscle, and get stronger. It's a rough balance, but I'm loving my progress in strength training. It's nice to see my increased numbers there. It's easier to affect that than the rest of the numbers, and it's helping with my other goals.