So once I have my TDEE--

Am I trying as hard as I can to eat exactly that amount daily? Like I'm at 2000 per day. I have my day scheduled out and I'm around 150 calories short (rest day so no exercise today). Should I try hard to eat those remaining 150 or is it cool to be a little under on rest days? Thanks guys!

Replies

• Bumpity bump
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I try to get mine within 50 cals ,I justify this as a "fudge factor":laugh: .
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    I think consistency is the key. I would try to hit your goal, but wouldn't be stressed if you came + or - a bit. Me, on the other hand, I am always so excited when I am under my goal so I can have an extra big snack at night :smile:
  • I think consistency is the key. I would try to hit your goal, but wouldn't be stressed if you came + or - a bit. Me, on the other hand, I am always so excited when I am under my goal so I can have an extra big snack at night :smile:
    HAH! I've been eyeing that Nutella jar thinking I could make 150 extra work to my benefit. Darn hazelnut chocolate crack!!!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Go for it. I've been adding a bit of cheese so I get good protein from it too. I try to stick super close to it. I like to see a nice straight bar graph at the end of the week......I'm weird like that tho...lol
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    You should definitely try to get as close as you can to your TDEE consistently - Even on rest days...I am right there with you with the Nutella, it is my new best friend lately, I have to remind myself to eat it in moderation which is so very hard sometimes...lol...So, if you have the calories for it today, I say go for it.... Like mturgeon05 said above a few calories above or below won't hurt too much necessarily but Consistency is the KEY for sure...You CAN do it!!! :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Yep, consistency is key but being off by 50 calories won't hurt anything!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Once in a while isnt a big deal, but try to get as close to your daily target as you can. Its ok to go over slightly too:)