New Here.

Options
kalyn_QT
kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
well i got pointed to this group since i just can't seem to lose weight. I have around 35-45 more pounds to lose. So I'm going to do the TDEE- 15% and see what happens. anyone lose that much weight or more doing EM2WL and how long did it take you? i am really lacking motivation right now.

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am still in the early days of this process so not me yet :) Just keep in mind it is a slower process...you can get to goal....just be mindful tho it wont happen overnight.
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Well I only do very light walking for exercise so I wonder if this is even applicable for little to no exercise people. And if so, approximation for weekly weight loss.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You do it based on the number of hours of exercise. So maybe do it for light activity (1-3 hours)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group:)
    Since this is a relatively new group, there are many of us who are still in the early stages of resetting metabolism and learning how to eat properly again. We have a few successes in here who have seen results right off the bat, and other that have gone a bit slower. If you puruse the regular success forums you will find many people there who have lost a lot of weight eating over 2000 calories, which falls in line with this kind of thinking of not starving yourself.

The key to keep in mind here is that this process is a lot slower than what you might be expecting. Depending on how long you were on a restricted calorie diet, you might benefit from a TDEE reset, where you eat at your maintenance level for a period of 6-8 weeks, then make your cut.
    The mind can play awful tricks on you in here. You might get discouraged, upset, angry or many other emotions we have all experienced. Just keep in mind this is to change your LIFE, not just get off the weight. SO while it may be slower to get the pounds off in the beginning, you will thank yourself for it down the line:)
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Welcome !!!

Motivation?? Ohhhh, u will get it here : )

Read through our stickys ...including mine which is a bit of my success story. I've written more in my blog if you are interested.

Anyhoo ...I'm very passionate that this is the right path. Look around, read and educate yourself. You will find lots of friendly, helpful folks.

Later,

Jen