Flirting with you guys, but not sure if I'll put out...

feydruss
feydruss Posts: 349 Member
Hi everyone! After doing a lot of reading, I've upped my calories to 1600 (from 1200) but am not eating back exercise calories. In fact, I'm not even counting exercise calories anymore, but instead it's just part of my life to work out regularly.

I'm lifting heavy 2-3x a week, with average gains of 10-50# per exercise each session. I also trail "run" (jog/walk) 2x/wk and do the occasional spin, tabata or aqua fit class. I also have 18 month old twin boys, so just keeping up with them can be a workout!

My current stats are
5'2", CW 180, UGW 125-130.

But when I go to the Losertown calculator, obviously it gives me a different schedule for 1600/moderate activity vs. 1200/moderate activity. Should I believe anything it says?

And is it okay to cut back on the cardio if I'm lifting sufficiently heavy?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    If you're only eating 1600 calories I'm not sure I would do any cardio since it burns so much. your burn will take you significantly lower than what you should be (and 1600 is probably really low for you anyway with just the lifting).

HAve you thought of running your stats through the scooby calculator or fat2fitradio to get a more accurate picture of what your body needs to fuel?
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Scooby gives me a BMR of 1545 and TDEE of 2395.
    Fat2Fit gives me a BMR of 1519-1551 and recommends 2034 based on 3-5hrs/wk exercise.

So I guess I'm really just eating a bit above my BMR, and not even that if I'm burning extra calories in exercise every day. Should I shoot for about 1800 instead?

I've always felt that my TDEE is overestimated, but I've never had a HRM or anything to track a 24hr period. In the past I've lost weight on 1500/day. I was stalling out a bit at 1200, so I thought that boosting it to 1600 was progress. Not enough?