Once Re-feed is done

ashfuse
ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
Okay. I started eating at my cut yesterday. Yesterday was okay but today I feel like I am starving :/ is this a part of the process????

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Okay. I started eating at my cut yesterday. Yesterday was okay but today I feel like I am starving :/ is this a part of the process????
    It absolutely is ;) That;s your metabolism firing up. You are well on your way. Keep it up
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    So then what?? Just get used to walking around feeling starving hungry all the time?? I mean if you're at a 15% cut...and eat over your cut amount...pretty soon you're not eating at cut anymore, you're back at TDEE. :(
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    The starving will not last for long. Most of us have gone through it and it will subside after a while.
    It's a good sign
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I can tell you this is one of the things I am not looking forward to when I make my Cut:)
    Its normal.. you are used to eating a certain amount of cals.. so when you cut, you are taking some away, therefore your body is going "hey, wait a sec!!" But very soon it realizes that "oh right, you want to lose weight!!" and the metabolism kicks in to burn off the fat..
    It doesnt last long... the good thing is you are only losing a couple of hundred of cals, as opposed to maybe close to 1000 you might be losing if you were doing it the VLC way:)
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    This is something I *just* got through! I went from eating ~2700 to ~2400. I started last Monday. The first two days I could NOT do it. I was starving at the end of the day and ended up eating to my TDEE. On Wednesday, I made up my mind that I was going to commit. I also focused on foods with more volume (veggies, fruit) so I would feel fuller on lower calories (even though 2400 is NOTHING compared to the 1200 I've done before! Omgosh!) Today makes a full week of eating at cut for me and I am fully satisfied every day. Your body will move past the hunger ... it's a good thing! Stay consistent and focused. :flowerforyou:
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Thanks for the responses! Yesterday I could have eaten my entire arm LOL! I am hoping today is better and think it will be knowing it's a normal part of the process. :) But seriously, it's how I felt at 1200 cals LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how crazy!!!!