After a Binge

Options
What do you guys like to do the night or day after a binge (other than exercise, eat clean, etc.)? I went over my calorie goal by about 1,100 (yah, I know) and I feel like there is nothing I can do to make me feel better. Do you journal, take a walk...?

Replies

• poppyloganriley
    poppyloganriley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I brush my teeth a LOT!! no, seriously. Anytime I've just had a bad day, especially, I brush my teeth as soon as I'm done eating calorically appropriate meals or snacks and then drink a huge glass of water. It helps. Normally I just brush the two times a day, or as needed extra.

Keeping busy helps, too (I have 3 young kiddos) so I definitely plan to get myself out of the house....but then usually that leads to retail therapy, my other vice. Venting (in the form of journalling, or a phone call or if you can, in person while walking with a friend) is another great outlet I use!

Hope this helps! :)
  • Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    I go over by at least that much when I binge as well. It is tough. I try to focus on my calorie goal the next day. I don't skimp on the calories because that leads me into another binge that evening. I have overeaten/binged that last 4 days . Grrrrr so mad at myself. I have exercised however - but still. I got to get back on board.
  • hannahchipmunk
    Options
    Thanks guys, and congrats and your weight loss so far :)
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've always found that it's important for me to first do something that makes me happy, something good to myself. Like, read a book, play online, anything that will lift my spirits and get me out of the funk that has a) caused the binge and b) resulted from the binge. Once I'm feeling better about myself outside of the binge, it's easier to face it logically and make a plan to move forward, whether by working out or planning out the next day's meals, etc.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Work out, eat less calories the following few days - in the past I have crash dieted with little success.