Just joined group but not on forums much...

Options
rat70
rat70 Posts: 129 Member
Hi all!

I just joined this group because I have lost my weight by eating plenty! I have spent this year so far maintaining (mostly) my 20kg weight-loss as I have had surgery and coping with some other family stuff. I still want to lose about 10kg more so I am recommitting to me and MFP!

I would like some more motivating friends who understand where I'm coming from with respect to not eating a restrictive, starvation diet. I don't get on to MFP on the computer much, particularly when live gets crazy (which is pretty much always - LOL!). I use my iPhone app therefore I mostly interact with friends and not on the forums. Plus, I seem to get really cross every time I go on the forums! I rarely post anything anymore, particularly because I don't subscribe to the starve and deprive yourself approach!

So, anyway, I'm looking for like-minded friends. I am a 42 year old mother of three. I live in Australia. I am now a runner and last season also completed two novice triathlons. Hoping to do more this coming season. I don't do enough strength training. I know I should be doing more. I eat as healthily as I can but I do eat anything and everything, including a frequent dose of 2 squares of Lindt 70% chocolate in the evening. My calorie allowance is currently set at 2000 but I keep that across the whole week (i.e. I log but don't eat my exercise calories - I find that quite often it is the day after a big workout that I need the extra cals and I'm trying to teach myself the 'right' amount to eat and exercise each day, at each meal, rather than jump around from day to day too much). I am hovering just above 70kg (154lb) but want to be somewhere around 62kg (137lb). I started at 90.5kg (199lb). I'm 160cm (5'3").

Thanks for reading! Friends? (((smiles sweetly)) :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: You are definitely in the right place for the kind of support and motivation you want/need! Make sure you read through the stickies on the forum, watch the videos, ask questions and we'll help you with anything you need to know!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me im in australia too...and started running about 7 weeks ago :)
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add - I'm 5'4, started at about 86kg, now at about 75, hoping to be somewhere in the region of 65kg...
    Currently eating around 1900 cals daily, might do a cut soon.
    I lift three times a week - NROLFW, currently on Stage 2. I also go biking, do circuits & a bit of kayaking...
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm a kiwi so we are close. Im 39, 158cm I started @ 89kg now @ 65kg, eating 2100 daily and depending on measurement & skin folds done today might sneak them up a bit.

Im pretty sure I only have em2wl friends, everyone is so supportive.

Rach :)
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the em2wl family!!!!! This is such a great place for support and motivation!!! :flowerforyou: