My Husband Doesn't Understand - I Need Advice

AprilRenewed
AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
Deleting because I'm getting responses on the other one and don't want to flood the boards! I don't know if there's a way to completely delete this thread?

Replies

• Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    I'm lucky my fiancé let me get a bench and squat rack to do the NROLFW. I got a foldable one though so it wouldn't take any space when i was using it and squat stands which are much smaller and i keep outside.

I do think you could get by without a bench at least for some time in the program. I'm at stage 3 now and i do use it, but if i didn't have one i'd just a chair with a back that can be put quite lying down or maybe lean against my swiss ball or something like that.

Alternatively do you happen to have one of those free outdoors wooden gym things that come community parks have? You could easily take your weights down to the park then and do it there. I'm actually going to use the monkey bars at a kid's playground to do my pull-ups when i get to stage 6.

So you can't just go to a gym? Because then he wouldn't know what you are doing with the weights. I'm sure once you start getting really great results he'll suddenly be all supportive.

Good luck. But even if you don't get a bench, get started anyway and just be a little creative.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    I don't want to spend the money on a gym, and I don't think my husband would want that either. Especially when I've got my own workout nook at home, and we spent the money on a great Elliptical, and I've spent money on DVDs and bands and weights already. There's no need, really, when it comes down to it.

We don't have an outdoor gym type thing nearby.

Foldable squat rack...something to look into. Thanks!