Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

how low do you go?

fergie2812
fergie2812 Posts: 155 Member
HI
After doing every 'diet' going (including Atkins) I joined MFP in Feb. Everything was fine until I plateaued for a couple of weeks. Then I got cross and ate junk then I lost then I didn't then I went up and I'm SICK OF LOSING AND GAINING THE SAME FLIPPING 2LBS!!!!!!!!:blushing:
So I want to go back to low carbing to see if that will kick start but I don't want to go induction Atkins as to be honest I can't be doing with the carb flu. I want to do this a little under the radar as I am the one in work saying " this week I'm doing this" and I can't be doing with rolly eye syndrome.

So having established I don't want to go as low as 20g how low are people doing that is working? Any help would be really appreciated as I'm stood at the top of a spiral of eating rubbish and I need pulling back!

Replies

• LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    My target is 40g net and I sometimes come in closer to 50g, but I'm doing Fst-5 also so I have a 19 hour fast each day and I'm ALWAYS in ketosis since starting this over 5 weeks ago.

It's summertime and there a so many good healthy fresh vegetables available. I'm not going to pass them up just to have a lower carb number and it appears that i don't need to.
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    I watched a video on youtube from a conference and the Doctor said that under 50 g of carbs is what is needed to maintain ketosis. So I'd say if you aim for under that, you're good to go. It's my goal, too.
  • fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 155 Member
    thanks
    and is this just carbs or do you take the fibre out or the sugar
    its been a while!
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Carbs - fiber is what I do.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    I'm with you on the flu stuff!! I tried the 20g for a month and never got over the "flu". After tweeking I decided to set my macros at 20%carbs, 30% protein and 50% fat.
    Like someone else said--we live in a very rural area and fresh local tiny farm stands pop up all over, I'm not giving up my local produce since it is seasonal. The first early corn just came in this week and it is wonderful.
    In general (even with fresh whatever is in season) my net carbs are in the 50-100g range. Now I'm losing very slowly--about 3 pounds a month--but I'm not going up and down and I'm losing inches steadily.
    I started with 36 pounds to lose and realistically figured it would take me about a year to do it right.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    I feel my best when I'm right around or under 20g a day of carbs. I can maintain that for months without feeling deprived. Lately I've probably been closer to the 40g territory, and really want to get back on track to 20-30g a day.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    I 'try" to keep mine around 20 but am OK if I go up to 50 a few times per week. I've been doing it for 6 weeks.
    I felt like junk the friet 3 weeks.