!! I've triple checked but could use a 2nd set of eyes...

bsinno
bsinno Posts: 344 Member
HELLO! em2wl for..i guess its been about 9 weeks now...

I set my cals to 1713, but now i'm feeling like a crazy person b/c I'm not sure how i got that number or if its right! I see gals eating 2000+ cals and i still feel im on the low end of eating more....

65 inches
I'm a lady who is 30.
i selected 1-3 hours light exercise. I'm trying to get into a routine. in a perfect world I would do 30 ish minutes of a proper exercise video 5x a week. but im always on the move on weekends although my desk job COULD NOT be more sedentary. In addition I'd say i go for a power walk with my daughter at least 4x a week. Seriously tho, everyday is a total crap shoot. I just try to do SOMETHING.

im think i got 1713 as a TDEE cut that is somewhere in the middle of light & moderate. I'm really feeling like a dope asking for advice on this, as i know how to operate an online calculator - just not understand it apparently. :grumble:

i haven't really lost any weight to speak of - although I haven't officially weighed myself in 3 weeks. I have lost inches tho and overall feel "more trim".

id love your thoughts on the subject should you have a few moments to spare :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bsinno
    PS- i plan on weighing in on sunday and reevaluating my exercise and progress.....

FUN STUFF - I KNOW!
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    I plugged your numbers in to scooby too and your number seems to be about right as long as you are correct on your exercise estimate! My bigger question is: how do you FEEL eating 1700? You may be on the lower end of "eating more" on this forum, but a lot of people do a TON of exercise. My TDEE is 2700 just due to the amount of exercise I get...so it is different for everyone.
  • bsinno
    this week i've been dedicated to doing my new vids (they make me very, very sweaty!) and i have felt really hungry again during the day - but not so much that going over is necessarily, im just snacking more....
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    I understand needing new eyes to double and triple check your numbers b/c for some reason we ALWAYS second guess ourselves...So, I went to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and ran your numbers for you:

BMR: 1465

Lt Exercise:
    TDEE: 2015
    -15%Cut: 1713 (So it sounds like your numbers are correct for Light Ex)

It sounds like you are somewhere a little under moderate but over light....Try an average of the two numbers for you which is what I had to do b/c I didn't fit neatly into either one...

Avg of the two: 1822 cals/day....Try out this number and see how it feels to you...

ETA: Did you do the Full Reset in the beginning? Have you been on VLCD before and if so - For how long? You may need to start at the reset...
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    In regards to seeing other people eating 2000+ you have to keep in mind the factors. HT/WT excercise level and age/sex are all factors into what are BMR and TDEE are. No calculator is perfect, sometimes you have to tinker a bit to match what is best for your body. Other than that what everyone else has already said I second it! :happy:

SFC Q
  • bsinno
    i did NOT reset, as it wasn't really a fully formed school of thought 9 weeks ago...

I ate vlcd for about 3 months - but never before that in my life. and i wasnt really exercising while eating low cal.

might reevaluate in july and bump up...eeeeegaaaaaads
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Your stats and numbers are VERY similar to mine:

CW: 157 lb
    Height: 65 in

I'm going to send you a friend request, if you don't mind--it's always nice to have MFP pals with similar stats...

I also have my activity level set to 1-3 hours light, and I eat around 1770 cals every day. If I go over, I go over...and I don't sweat it. Can't remember the last time I went below my BMR with exercise--I just don't have the time to spend more than 45 minutes working out since I usually work out around 8:30PM after the kids are in bed!

As I posted in my other thread, I will be bumping up to maintenance (about 2050 cals) in a week for at least the next two weeks. If I continue to lose weight, I might just bump up my cals to see what my metabolism can do...

I liked autumnk921's suggestion about taking the average of two activity levels...might have to try that one, as well...:ohwell:

Whatever you do, make sure you keep at it for a few weeks to let your body adjust and get used to the new consistancy you're setting for it! You're doing great! How you feel now is SO much more important than a number on a scale... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    I also agree with knowak82 - Whateve you decide to do...Even at a later date possibly try eating at maintenance(TDEE) for a couple of weeks and then go back to cut....Just remember the most important thing is to be Consistent with your calories even on rest days and give it a couple of weeks to let your body adjust to the new changes...I hope all of this has helped you...
  • bsinno
    it has...thank you everyone for your input & time