Some advice please...

hypallage
hypallage Posts: 624 Member
Hello,
I started eating more about two months ago, initially gained 4lb, lost that again but have remained at the same weight for about the last six weeks (fluctuating over a couple of pounds).
I am 5'4 (165cm) generally at 165lb.
I do NROLFW three times a week, circuits & biking about once a week. I calculated using scooby workshop BMR 1619, TDEE 2226.
I initially started eating at BMR but after a few weeks upped it to 1909 cals....(which is about TDEE -15%)
Still my weight remains stationary.... I do have at least 14lb to lose (I have about 33% body fat)

I am much happier eating 1900 cals than I was eating 1300 / 1400 but not sure really what I need to do to lose weight...

Anyone have any suggestions / advice?

Many thanks

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hello,

Can you also post your age? I was calculating your numbers and guessing at certain things, but couldnt get close to a BMR of 1619.

:)

Mike
  • hypallage

Just noticed if I put my age in as well (hadn't seen that box) BMR goes down!!

[Edited again to add - circuits is for about an hour, biking for about 2 1/2, I also kayak every other week for an hour and often do something at weekends (even if just walking)]
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Ahhhhh I see what happened.

You calculated for a man (I am assuming your are female as you are doing NROLFW).

So calculated for your stats I come up with (this is for light activity 1 -3 hours a week, but you are borderline moderate :

Light activity.

BMR - 1498
    TDEE - 2060
    TDEE - 15% - 1751

Moderate Acitviy:

BMR - 1498
    TDEE 2322
    TDEE -15% 1974

So you have been eating closer to your maintenance target given your activity level if set to light. This is not a bad thing.

You can drop down to 1750 for a cut target and the weight should start coming off :)

Mike
  • hypallage
    Yes - I'm female!!

Thank you....

Maintenance level makes sense - I have been doing just that!!