New to group :D

rachey_v
rachey_v Posts: 127 Member
Hello,

I'm really sorry to ask all the questions that you probably answer constantly from new starters but I was just wondering if someone could please explain how to take measurements for this group and where to go from there... In layman's terms would be fab because I have no clue with all this nutrition stuff. :flowerforyou: Thanks in advance

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Hello,

Welcome to the group.

What measurements are you looking for? Are you looking to figure out your calorie numbers? Or do you mean body measurements :)

Mike
  • rachey_v
    Hi Mike,

Thank you. :D

I need to calculate the calorie measurements (I can't even ask for help properly- completely missed stating the obvious)

My measurements are:

Female
    Weight: 203
    Current calorie goal: 1490.

Is that everything you need to know?
  • fiveohmike
    Hi Mike,

Thank you. :D

I need to calculate the calorie measurements (I can't even ask for help properly- completely missed stating the obvious)

My measurements are:

Female
    Weight: 203
    Current calorie goal: 1490.

Is that everything you need to know?

Heh its ok.

1. how tall are you

2. What do you do for exercise in a given week.

Mike
  • rachey_v
    I am 5ft 4.5 and I'm on day 3 of 30ds, so I'm doing
    -20 mins of circuit training a day
    - 1hr of non stop aerobic dancing on a Thurs,
    about 30 mins of some sort of aerobic exercise on a Tues

and will be doing turbo jam too, (probably every other day though as I don't have a rest day) but I don't have a clue how long that runs for until I have it.

Does that seem ok or do I need to do more?

Thanks for your patience!!
  • fiveohmike
    Hello!

Ok so I calculated your numbers based upon a "light" activity level. You are borderline moderate.

Your BMR is 1720 calories

Your TDEE is 2366

Your TDEE - 15% cut target - 2011

So starting out I would aim for 2011 calories a day, and not eating back your exercise calories. You should also work for a 40%carb/30%fat/30%protein ration.

Thanks!
  • rachey_v
    That's brilliant thank you...that many calories?? Wowzer, it's like christmas day! When my youngest starts school in Sept I'll be able to exercise more, will this change things and also would it be okay to send you a message for future help? Thanks!