Day 1 question: I did A & B.....

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
Started NROLFW Monday , I know stage 1is quicker than the others, it just didn't seem like enough so I did "b" also, I use dumbells, 10 & mostly 15, I have muscle/nerve problems in my neck. Is it okay Ive done workouts 1 & 2 of a/b together since I can't, for example lift the 45lb bar, but can only do two 15 lb dumbells?

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You should not do A and B. You should just follow the program, even if you can lift more than 15#. And yes, workouts in stage 1 are short, but you should familiarize yourself with the exercises and work on form. Also, when you do warm up and cool down, the workouts will be a little longer.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Ouchy tylenol is your friend. I could barely walk right for four days after doing just A.
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    well its done now, you know that the dumbbells were not challenging enough if you found it easy, can you step up to heavier DB's or try next time with the bar, or even a standard bar not an Olympic bar?

you need to find a weight thats your limit for 15 reps, it took me a couple of workouts to find this
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Geez, it just seemed like there should be more exercises, especially if i cant lift heavy, but ok ! Thanks for info.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    The length of the workout disturbed me as I am used to spending about 90 minutes in the gym but when you get into the really heavy stuff you are glad for it! I am only on 6B but I think that if you are not dead by the end of A, you need to lift MUCH heavier
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Geez, it just seemed like there should be more exercises, especially if i cant lift heavy, but ok ! Thanks for info.

yes stage 1 is short, only about 30mins with a warmup, stage 2 is more like 60mins. Stage 1 is to ease you in, learn the basic compound moves and start building up some proper weight
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Add in some cardio at the end if you're uncomfortable with the short workouts (I was too but didn't add the cardio back). Trust me, in stage 2 and especially stage 3 (everything is 3 sets AND with other stuff at the end), you'll be wishing for some of that extra time back.