When's your Fiftieth?

Options
SusanDoesIt
SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
I haven't been very chatty on MFP, but this caught my eye because in the back of my mind, when I started out on here, I wanted to be healthy by the time I turn 50.

I have about 15 months to go, and my slow progress thus far tells me that it WILL take me that long!

When will you turn 50? Where do you hope to be by then? For me, it's another 40 or so pounds, plus being more toned.

Replies

• rmrpender
    rmrpender Posts: 16
    Options
    I'll be 50 in 13 months. Hoping to be down 40 lbs and yes, it is hard work......the things that used to work for me no longer do, so I'm trying to get it figured out and get weight under control.
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's the hardest part for me....trying to figure out what will work. It used to be I'd lose 5-6 pounds the first week, at least 12 the first month when I was younger. Not anymore. I have painstakingly earned every ounce down, while any misstep adds 2-3 lbs that take a couple of weeks to get back off.

No sense in giving up, since that never worked!
  • DeDeSunshine1967
    Options
    That's the hardest part for me....trying to figure out what will work. It used to be I'd lose 5-6 pounds the first week, at least 12 the first month when I was younger. Not anymore. I have painstakingly earned every ounce down, while any misstep adds 2-3 lbs that take a couple of weeks to get back off.

No sense in giving up, since that never worked!

Well, slow and sure is the best way to go. Those fad diets that have you lose weight quickly ONLY have you gain all the weight back PLUS some when you go back to eating the way you were before. It's all about putting daily exercise into your routine, eating smaller portions, cutting out the sweets (with treats every now and then so you don't binge), and eating healthy low-fat low-carbs meals! WE CAN DO IT! I will be 50 in 5 years so I have a lot of time ahead of me. BUT I want to lose 20 pounds by next March because I THINK I'm going to be going to Egypt to go scuba diving and I wanna look good in a swimsuit! Let's cheer each other on, ok? I need all the help I can get!
  • NanaSamBrown
    Options
    My Fiftieth is in 3 years, but no time like the present to get started. For the first time in my life I am actually only caring for myself. My children are raised and gone and I don't even have a dog any longer. But, I have lost 22 pounds and I am ready to be the best me I can be. I look forward to having a social network on MFP to encourage me onward.
  • Juliex42003
    Options
    My 50th will be in 2 years. Kinda of nervous about it. I know one woman that when she turned 50 she received her AARP invitation in the mail. She cried for 3 days. LOL

I work from 7:45am to 5:30 pm. I get a hour for lunch. So I hurry up and eat then go to the park to walk. We have a nice, quiet, wooded park to walk in that has different terrain. But when I get home is when it gets hard. My family is eating very fattening foods and all I can do is watch them. I get a stick of sugar free root beer gum and so far it has helped cut the craving for sweets.

It is just so hard to change my eating habits but that is what I know I must do to loose all this weight. I need to loose 60 lbs. I am going to be 50 but I do not want to be 50 and unhealthy.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in a little over two years. I want to be at goal, having maintained it for a while and full of energy. I am well on my way! I know it!
  • tspgms
    tspgms Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 Feb. 15, 2015. I don't want diabetes, I don't want cardiac problems, I don't want hypertension. I started HCG Jan. 20 for this year's 48th. I am doing well on the program. I feel good. I have lost 21 pounds. Only 30 more to go. But today I reached a milestone: I fit into a pair of Land's End jeans I have had for 12 years and never took the tags off! They have an Erkle waist band and are way out of style, but I wear them proudly today!

Good luck to you all and hope I see some more recent posts!
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Two years from now ill be fifty. I want tone tone tone. I want my six pack back, and be the hot one!
  • Tammy8888
    Tammy8888 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in August of 2014. My goal is to be twenty pounds lighter and toned. I have 6 grandchildren and don't want to look like a grandma. :)
  • tanyawhite43
    Options
    I will be 50 in 6 years. I hope to be toned and healthy by then, as I have had some health issues lately that will be helped by weight loss and anti-inflammatory eating. One day at a time:D
  • Ruthie062764
    Options
    I have 14 months exactly until I'm....50....really?? omg...where did the time go...I will be better at 50 than I was at 30 or fourty...I've made that promise to myself & I plan on keeping it.
  • lorie3156
    Options
    Hi my name is Lorie,I will be 50 in march of 2014 so 11 months i'm hoping to lose 40 pounds by my fiftieth!
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in 2.5 years. I had two children 11 years apart, and kept an extra 20 pounds after each child. I want to lose the baby fat after 20 years! I want to wear shorts without feeling embarrassed. My husband is dieting and working out with me using JillianMBR and he is a great encouragement to me. I have to lose 40, and he also needs to lose the same amount. I want to be able to ride a bike without being so heavy the seat hurts my bottom. I want to take my son on boy scout hikes and not be one of the ones left at camp. My goal is 153, which is about what I weighed when we got married. The weight is coming off about a pound a week, but I really lose patience sometimes!! I am hoping it will take only 7 months to be a size 10/12 again.

Feel free to friend me. I have logged in for 40 days so far. It takes a village to thin a mom. :bigsmile:
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    50 in 3 months. The age thing doesn't bother me, part of life and who I am. No grandbabies yet, and my youngest of 3 children is finishing his junior year in high school.
  • susanlosing
    susanlosing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty in May 2012. Only 11 months to go and about 30lbs to lose. I'm walking at the moment (not a lot) but hoping to step up to exercising properly soon. My mum's 84 and goes swimming every day - puts me to shame!
  • OnorahS107
    OnorahS107 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My fiftieth isn't for 3 1/2 more years. I'm 46 and after years of taking care of everyone else and raising 3 kids I'm finally making myself a priority. I have 3 sons. My oldest two are identical twins that are 21 and my youngest will be 16 in August. I've been married to my college sweetheart for 22 years. I'm finding the weight loss slow going. I'm allowed 1200 calories a day, and I'm exercising hard 60-90 minutes a day and have only lost 5.6 lbs in the four weeks since I started. I want a permanant lifestyle change but I thought that I would see greater results at first. I'm thinking middle age female hormones are working against me. Anyone else having this issue?
  • Liza82
    Liza82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My 50th will be in 10 months. A group of us that are reaching this milestone, are planning a trip to Las Vegas sometime next year. I want to be fit and healthy to be able to enjoy myself. And not have to sit down after a short amount on walking. And I want to be able to wear cute clothes, without being embarrassed.
  • Starr521
    Options
    I will be 50 in May 2015. My goal is to be able to bike ride with my son who is now 7. I want to be healthy and enjoy life with him.
  • lisamoore1965
    Options
    I will be fifty on Feb. 28th - 2015
  • jadekimbo
    jadekimbo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be fifty in 7 years. However, it may take me that long to be "fit." I have always had problems losing weight and keeping it off. Trying something new now that seems to be working. Maybe I can beat my deadline?