TDEE Help

Options
Hi, I tried to post to another thread and my post got lost.

I dropped 10 lbs in 3 weeks back in March by reducing my calories to 1200 and writing down everything I ate. Then for about 6 weeks I did not lose or gain anything. I had stopped writing everything down so I was probably over my calories. A friend mentioned mfp and I joined.

Between using MFP and doing JM 30ds I dropped about another 10 lbs and about 10 inches over all. Then I stopped losing again. I upped my calories to btw 1600 -1700. (previously I was eating 1200 + exercise calories back). When I upped to 1600-1700 I dropped 5.2 lbs in 7 days. Then I hit a wall and for the next few days gained back 3 of those 5lbs. But I did not change anything. I tried to up my calories again to 1800 but no change, lowered back to 1200 + exercise calories, no change, I am still hanging still up 2.5 lbs of the 5 I lost.

I started RI30 on Monday. Can someone help me with how many calories I should be eating, here are my numbers.

30 yrs old, female, 5ft 5inches
still have at least 30 - 50lbs to go, so I am not close to my goal yet
down about 24lbs total since March

BMR 1603
TDEE 2204
Daily calories based on goal of 15% calorie reduction 1873

Thanks.

Replies

• sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Try a 10% cut instead of 15% and be religious with everything you put in your mouth. WRITE IT DOWN. Try this for atleast two weeks.. thats my suggetsion :)
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Hi, I tried to post to another thread and my post got lost.

I dropped 10 lbs in 3 weeks back in March by reducing my calories to 1200 and writing down everything I ate. Then for about 6 weeks I did not lose or gain anything. I had stopped writing everything down so I was probably over my calories. A friend mentioned mfp and I joined.

Between using MFP and doing JM 30ds I dropped about another 10 lbs and about 10 inches over all. Then I stopped losing again. I upped my calories to btw 1600 -1700. (previously I was eating 1200 + exercise calories back). When I upped to 1600-1700 I dropped 5.2 lbs in 7 days. Then I hit a wall and for the next few days gained back 3 of those 5lbs. But I did not change anything. I tried to up my calories again to 1800 but no change, lowered back to 1200 + exercise calories, no change, I am still hanging still up 2.5 lbs of the 5 I lost.

I started RI30 on Monday. Can someone help me with how many calories I should be eating, here are my numbers.

30 yrs old, female, 5ft 5inches
    still have at least 30 - 50lbs to go, so I am not close to my goal yet
    down about 24lbs total since March

BMR 1603
    TDEE 2204
    Daily calories based on goal of 15% calorie reduction 1873

Thanks.

What activity level did you use when you ran your numbers? Would you mind sharing current weight and goal weight? Also, based on your time doing low calorie, it's likely that your body would benefit from a metabolic reset. Have you read about that in the stickies?
  • blueeyejersey
    blueeyejersey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used the 1-3 days a week work out.

JM is only 20 minutes, so doing it 6 times a week, I am only adding up to 2 hours a week.

SW: 204
    CW: 181.6
    GW: 160 ( but once I get there, I am shooting for 135 -140)
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I used the 1-3 days a week work out.

JM is only 20 minutes, so doing it 6 times a week, I am only adding up to 2 hours a week.

SW: 204
    CW: 181.6
    GW: 160 ( but once I get there, I am shooting for 135 -140)

Based on what I am seeing, you are possibly in need of a reset. Maybe not a full 8 weeks, but that really depends on how long you were eating 1200 cals before you upped. The original drop of weight at 1600-1700cals is about what most of us had gotten, and then the creep back up usually seems to happen because your body isnt quite ready to believe you arent going to starve it again. I would recommend eating at your Cut value for at least a few weeks solid.. give your body a chance to know you are feeding it.. If after 4 weeks if nothing has changed, then you might want to consider jumping up to TDEE for the full reset.
  • blueeyejersey
    Options
    Based on the numbers I listed above, what would my cut value be?

I am willing to try anything at this point to keep this journey going.

Thanks for all the help.
  • blueeyejersey
    Options
    bump

hope someone can still answer my question.

thanks