Fitbit question!

Options
Help! I just got my Fitbit today and I am so excited to start using it for tomorrow. Will the device add exercise calories to my daily total if I keep my goals set as "custom"? Or should I let MFP set my new goal to my BMR and let all of my exercise/walking be added by Fitbit? The second option seems to make more sense but I still would appreciate help on setting this up to be 100% positive. :) Thank you!

Replies

• mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Congrats. Absolutely LOVE it. I have my goals at custom and I still get calorie adjustments. Basically, if you look on your Goals page-on the right it gives you a number that you burn from normal daily activity. Anytime you are trending towards going over this according to Fitbit, you will get a calorie adjustment. This is calculated based on the activity level you set, so if you are noticing you are getting calorie adjustments a lot, you probably need to go up a level.

Word of caution: The Fitbit recalculates all day based on your activity. So, if you had a particularly active morning you may notice a huge calorie adjustment, but then as your activity settles down it will decrease. Some people make the mistake of eating all of their adjustment and then realize that it disappeared later on. Since I am doing a reset and eating the same amount of calories every day, I don't eat any of my adjustment back.

Hope you like the Fitbit...it is a great little tool!