Newbie Here

So, I have been on MFP for a few weeks and have "success" on a low calorie diet. The thing is, I am always hungry even after eating back workout calories. I think going this route might be the best thing for me to, especially with college and everything; I guess I am just nervous about upping my calories. I would appreciate any tips or advice on the Metabolism Reset thing I was reading earlier and foods to eat/ avoid. I have to keep in mind that I will be having my wisdom teeth out in a few weeks, so I think trying to eat at mt TDEE during that will be tough. Also, during the days I exercise less or do not exercise at all, should I lower my TDEE.

The stats that I calculated for my frame at 5'8" and 212 lbs with my activity level are:

BMR: 1912
TDEE: 3908

Replies

• I also used another calulator that put my BMR at 1805, and my TDEE at 2975.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Welcome to MFP and the Group!!! You are going to love it!! :)

Okay so I went to the scooby site to run your numbers but I have no idea of what your workouts are like or how often....The only way I could try to figure it out for now was to go by your numbers...And to get your second set of numbers I had to use Strenuous Exercise of 11-21hrs/week of exercise...Is that correct???

BMR: 1802

TDEE: 2910

When you do the reset you need to eat at TDEE every day even rest days...During the week of not being able to eat as much b/c of your teeth try to get in as much as you can with protein shakes or soft foods if possible...If not then maybe you can just extend your reset by a week...You want to do a full 8wks of the reset to get the best results and then go to cut of -15%....Consistency is key here....If your activity level goes down significantly for more than a week or so you may need to recalculate for your new activity level....Once you let me know what your workouts are like and how long I should be able to help you some more... :)

Also, the site that I used is http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ in case you want to check it out too..
  • Monday - Friday, in the mornings I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 30 minutes in the pool at night. I am doing light weights because I am just starting on M,W,F and a workout from Netflix of my choice on Tu and Th. I try to relax on the weekends; however, I end up doing 30 - 60 minutes of light cardio in the pool since those are the only days I can get my mom to do a bit of exercise.

I had to play around with numbers on that site because it didn't really have the correct workout times and level for me.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Monday - Friday, in the mornings I do 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 30 minutes in the pool at night. I am doing light weights because I am just starting on M,W,F and a workout from Netflix of my choice on Tu and Th. I try to relax on the weekends; however, I end up doing 30 - 60 minutes of light cardio in the pool since those are the only days I can get my mom to do a bit of exercise.

I had to play around with numbers on that site because it didn't really have the correct workout times and level for me.

I understand not fitiing into one activity level perfectly b/c I use an average of light and moderate for me...So do an average of the two levels that you are in between and use that number...I tell people this all of the time b/c we all don't fit neatly into one category. See if that helps you out...You sound like you are somewhere between the two strenuous numbers from what I am seeing b/c if you workout 3x/day with elliptical, pool and then weights or Netflix then I figure around 1.5 hrs/day 5dys/wk and then the weekends as well in the pool....Sounds like it's around 8-10 hours each week if you do this each week basically...So just go by the hours you workout each week and go from there....If you have anymore issues just ask and one of us will definitely be here to help you out!!! :)