Today I started something new.

bradthemedic
bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
So after being on EM2WL for 48-ish days and feeling incredible mentally and physically but still being squishy, I've decided to change things up.

I've made some posts about it and exchanged a lot of ideas and messages with folks and done some of my own independent research. I have decided the only way I am going to shed this last bit of squishy nasty midsection fat is to suck it up and:

1. LIFT HEAVY 4 times per week
2. Eat TDEE.

I am going to do this for the next 3 months without fail and without deviation. I am determined to be someone I have never been before - ME. The cardio alone isn't doing it and with my hamstring injury I can't do my Rushfit (which was helping SO much).

Here we go folks. I may be on day 80 of MFP and almost 50 of EM2WL but I just finished day 1 of the next 3 months of my life. :)

Replies

• DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    YOU have a great attitude and outlook! Good luck to you it sounds like an awesome plan. I'm still slowly stripping away lifelong layers of rigid dietary belief systems so my EM2LM journey hadn't been the least but linear yet, lol, I'm a total work in progress. I figure every little step in the right direction is a tiny NSV for me, even if only psychological. :)
  • bradthemedic
    YOU have a great attitude and outlook! Good luck to you it sounds like an awesome plan. I'm still slowly stripping away lifelong layers of rigid dietary belief systems so my EM2LM journey hadn't been the least but linear yet, lol, I'm a total work in progress. I figure every little step in the right direction is a tiny NSV for me, even if only psychological. :)

And you'd be right. It's taken me a very long time to get here to this point and it's only been through a lot of encouragement, failures, successes, and experimentation.

I think we all come to this place mentally for the right reasons and we all progress through the journey at difference paces and levels based on what we're ready for and our goals. Just doing cardio and eating right isn't enough for me anymore based on my goals. Now for me it's up to the next level of tweaking.

You're right: Every little step is a huge NSV.
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Sounds nice! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • bradthemedic
    Sounds nice! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Thanks. I'm gonna need it!
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Awesome! You got this! :happy:
  • stfriend
    stfriend Posts: 256 Member
    You've a great attitude, I'm sure you'll do well!
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    So after being on EM2WL for 48-ish days and feeling incredible mentally and physically but still being squishy, I've decided to change things up.

I've made some posts about it and exchanged a lot of ideas and messages with folks and done some of my own independent research. I have decided the only way I am going to shed this last bit of squishy nasty midsection fat is to suck it up and:

1. LIFT HEAVY 4 times per week
    2. Eat TDEE.

I am going to do this for the next 3 months without fail and without deviation. I am determined to be someone I have never been before - ME. The cardio alone isn't doing it and with my hamstring injury I can't do my Rushfit (which was helping SO much).

Here we go folks. I may be on day 80 of MFP and almost 50 of EM2WL but I just finished day 1 of the next 3 months of my life. :)

This is what I love to do! If I do any cario at all it is 10-15 mins HIIT and that's it. If it helps I normally burn (depending on workout) between 600-800 calories without the HIIT. Good luck! I know you will love the feeling of the blood rushing to those muscles!
    Might be TMI, but in the movie Pumping Iron Arnold equates the "Pump" to cumming! "Feels like he is cumming all the time!" LOL
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Sounds like a great plan! You can do it : )
  • bradthemedic
    Today I destroyed my previous run times. Not only that but I felt amazing during it. So far so good!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    nice work!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    You're gonna do great things with the heavy metal:wink:
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    I loved reading this ..... I'm struggling with the same ....last bit of tweaking of fat. It's gotta go!!! My educated gut tells me I need to:

Eat my TDEE
    Up my training

So ...after my rest week from lifting next week ..that is what I'm doing. 8 - 12 weeks. Committed. Consistent.

Reassuring to hear someone else plotting the same course.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    You have an amazing attitude and a positive outlook! You CAN do this...and you have all of us cheering you on!!! Please keep us posted on your progress!
  • bradthemedic
    I've updated my weight loss tracker. Since starting I've gained weight but today for sure I know it's water and general bloat. Everything is tight because I'm walking and lifting and running a lot.

Psychologically it would be night to be down after 3 moths of effort but I'm here for a bigger goal.
  • bradthemedic
    So far so good everyone! I am not sure if anyone is reading/following this or not. It's okay if this is just for me. :)

Today I hit the gym and did an upper body workout (chest/lats) it was a struggle to motivate to get in because I prefer cardio. That being said once I got inside and started doing it I felt great.

I love the feeling that I get when I finish. I already feel bigger and stronger. That really helps motivate me. The next day bloat doesn't make me feel so good but that's just part of the process.

Weights/cardio rotating days, 7th day off. Though I do plan on doubling up some days. For example tuesdays and saturdays I have pick-up ice hockey and that's a crazy 90 minute cardio/lower body workout as I play goalie and am doing squats almost non-stop.

Anyway this is my story so far and I am sticking to it. :)
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Sounds good to me!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Sounds great! keep it up :)
  • Awesome! You got this! :happy:

YOU. CAN DO. IT!!
  • bradthemedic
    I've been lifting heavy for over a week now and things are going okay. Yesterday I was super bloated and nothing fit. Today I got a pair of shorts on I haven't worn in 4 years. So go figure. Today is my legs workout. I'm excited to get in there. Legs is my favorite muscle group to work.

I am hoping I start seeing some more solid mirror results in 3 weeks. I really count today as the start of week 2.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    it sounds like you are enjoying this, which is great!! keep up the awesome work & updates!