I'm newbie here, please help

Weight_less
Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
Hello! I'm a newbie here. And what's more, I'm a Russian newbie :flowerforyou: I speak not so well, I apologize for that.

I 've tried to count my calorie numbers and that's what I have:

27 years old
height 170 cm
weight 80 kilos
cardio exercises 3-5 hours a week (I dance with weights in my hands for an hour twice a week)

BMR 1675 (not sure)
TDEE 2723 (not sure again)
-15% 2314 cal

Is that right?
________

And one more question. You suggest to set carb 40, prots 40, fat 30. What if I eat much more than those numbers? What if I eat 70 prots, 200 carbs and so on?

Please help me.

Replies

• Weight_less
    Besides, to break through plateau, I've started calorie cycling 3 days ago. I'm not so sure if that's right. Maybe I should do that metabolism reset and feed my body with TDEE for few weeks at first? Or calorie cycling is okay?
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Besides, to break through plateau, I've started calorie cycling 3 days ago. I'm not so sure if that's right. Maybe I should do that metabolism reset and feed my body with TDEE for few weeks at first? Or calorie cycling is okay?

Hey there!! Welcome to the group!! :)

For the Reset I have a couple of questions real quick and then I will run your numbers for you...Have you done VLCD (Very Low-Calorie Diets) in the past? If so, for how long? A reset is always a great place to start to make sure that your body is running at it's best and getting the proper amount of food...So, I am going to run your numbers really quick for you...Be right back.
  • Hello, it's nice to see some people from other countries here! I'm from the UK myself.

Your numbers don't look quite right to me, I make them:

BMR: 1602
    TDEE: 2202
    -15%: 1872

I used light exercise for that as you say you are doing 2 one hour workouts. It depends what else you are doing during the week though. On moderate exercise I get:

TDEE: 2483
    -15%: 2110

I am not 100% sure on the macros but as far as I understand it you need to get at least 30% of your calories from protein and fat so the balance of 40% would be carbs. If you push up the protein you would need to watch your fat intake doesn't rise as well and your body needs carbs for energy.
  • autumnk921
    I ran your numbers and got the same as above from asidebottom - I put you at moderate b/c you said you do cardio 3-5hrs/week...Is this correct? Or do you only do the one hour of dancing with weight twice a week??

Also, Macros are recommended to be set to 40carbs, 30protein, 30fat....This is a percentage it's not the actual grams like what you said above about eating 200 carbs...MFP will calculate your percentages for you when you change your numbers to the 40/30/30...

If you were to do a full reset...You would need to eat at TDEE for a full 8wks or less if you wanted and I have those numbers below...After the 8wks you would then go to your cut amount ...Make sense??

For Moderate Exercise of 3-5hrs per week:
    TDEE: 2483 (this is the amount of calories that you would eat every day even on rest days - Do not eat back exercise calories b/c this is counted in the TDEE amount)

Cut(-15%): 2110

For Light Exercise of 1-3hrs per week:
    *Once you tell me the amount of exercise you do I will tell you the correct number you should use for the reset.

Cut:1872

I hope this helps you out!!
  • Weight_less
    Have you done VLCD (Very Low-Calorie Diets) in the past?

Nope, I have not. I ate just small portions, but whatever I wanted. It was from 1100 to 1900 cal per day. I had 4-6 meals/snacks a day. It was very comfortable, I did not starve.
  • Weight_less
    Hello, it's nice to see some people from other countries here! I'm from the UK myself.
    Great! Nice to meet you! :)
    Your numbers don't look quite right to me, I make them:

-15%: 1872

Thank you so much!
    I am not 100% sure on the macros but as far as I understand it you need to get at least 30% of your calories from protein and fat so the balance of 40% would be carbs. If you push up the protein you would need to watch your fat intake doesn't rise as well and your body needs carbs for energy.

Oh, it was not grams, but percentage...:ohwell: I see...
  • Weight_less
    you do cardio 3-5hrs/week...Is this correct? Or do you only do the one hour of dancing with weight twice a week??
    I do 3-5 hours of cardio - it's correct. And twice a week I add to them weights :) I mean, I do not only one hour of dancing with weights twice a week.
    Also, Macros are recommended to be set to 40carbs, 30protein, 30fat....This is a percentage it's not the actual grams like what you said above about eating 200 carbs...MFP will calculate your percentages for you when you change your numbers to the 40/30/30...
    But please tell me by steps how do I set those numbers? Where should I go? Settings -> Diary settings -> ?
    If you were to do a full reset...You would need to eat at TDEE for a full 8wks or less if you wanted and I have those numbers below...After the 8wks you would then go to your cut amount ...Make sense??

For Moderate Exercise of 3-5hrs per week:
    TDEE: 2483 (this is the amount of calories that you would eat every day even on rest days - Do not eat back exercise calories b/c this is counted in the TDEE amount)

Cut(-15%): 2110

For Light Exercise of 1-3hrs per week:
    *Once you tell me the amount of exercise you do I will tell you the correct number you should use for the reset.

Cut:1872

I hope this helps you out!!

Thank you so much, this really helps!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:

Do I need that reset after all?
  • Weight_less
    But please tell me by steps how do I set those numbers? Where should I go? Settings -> Diary settings -> ?

I got it! I did it!:laugh:

So, now I have the only one question: do I still need to reset my metabolism?
  • Weight_less
    bump
  • autumnk921

I got it! I did it!:laugh:

So, now I have the only one question: do I still need to reset my metabolism?

Since you have not done VLCD in the past you shouldn't need the full 8wk reset but doing it for at least 2wks would be great for you...It's like taking a break from dieting to give your body a break...This is recommended to do every 12wks or so...

So, I would suggest eating at TDEE for your correct activity level for 2wks and then go to the CUT amount of -15%...It is great that you have done your numbers and are learning the MFP system so quickly!!! Good on you!!

I know you are going to love being a part of this group and anytime you have questions we are here!! Best of luck to you...You are off to a great start!! :happy:
  • Weight_less
    Thank you sooooo much! You are very kind! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: