30's Daily - 6/28

Options
Leeloominai01
Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
Ok I'm jumping right in

Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Themoodys13

Replies

• Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks to Debbie for inviting me! I've posted in the introduction thread and probably just need to add I live in South Africa so in all probability I might start a few of these threads with the time difference and all.

I did well last night, jogged for the first time in forever and I always find that once you actually follow through with one of your goals the rest become easier too. So far my food diary for today looks ok, but I'm halfway through the day.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

So yesterday was a totally crazy stress mess for me. Late on tuesday I found out the people who are supposed to be putting the carpet in my new place messed up the scheduling and said they weren't going to be able to get to it until a week after I move! The place isn't even habitable with what's in there now so that was a huge problem. We spent all day yesterday trying to find an independent installer and then (of course) right at the end of the day the company called and said that they could actually squeeze us in today. Now we're on an accelerated schedule so my Mom and I had to run over there last night and move all of the furniture and boxes so they could install the carpet as we had told them it would be empty. Yikes, it was a long day but I'm glad its done and will be done in time.

My exercise is definitely off with all of this moving stuff. I'm going to try and hit the gym after work tonight, but I suppose packing and carrying boxes burns plenty of calories as well.

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ellie - all that moving IS exercise! I hope the carpet looks great and makes the place liveable!

Sandra - welcome! Glad to see you take the bull by the horns :happy: I too find that once I get consistent, I don't want to skip any days - Don't Break the Chain ala Seinfeld.

So, I got up at 6am to jog today, since there's a heatwave coming. That sucked! :laugh: My body revolted. At one point I even felt nauseous, and my right shoe started to bother me. Huh? I think it's all in my head! But it needs to be for the summer, in the fall when my schedule is different and it's cooler I can go back to lunchtime. It does feel good to have it done already, and as a bonus I can now go shopping at lunch. :bigsmile:
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Ellie - all that moving IS exercise! I hope the carpet looks great and makes the place liveable!

Sandra - welcome! Glad to see you take the bull by the horns :happy: I too find that once I get consistent, I don't want to skip any days - Don't Break the Chain ala Seinfeld.

So, I got up at 6am to jog today, since there's a heatwave coming. That sucked! :laugh: My body revolted. At one point I even felt nauseous, and my right shoe started to bother me. Huh? I think it's all in my head! But it needs to be for the summer, in the fall when my schedule is different and it's cooler I can go back to lunchtime. It does feel good to have it done already, and as a bonus I can now go shopping at lunch. :bigsmile:

I was cheering you on at 6am! I tried to squeeze in a little 30DS before work, but my arms were not working so I laided back down. Its getting harder and harder to let the bed go.

Welcome Leeloominai01 to the group!

Glad they haven't given me the boot since I haven't stop by in a while :bigsmile:

Enjoy your day!
  • shorty313
    Options

I was cheering you on at 6am! I tried to squeeze in a little 30DS before work, but my arms were not working so I laided back down. Its getting harder and harder to let the bed go.

Welcome Leeloominai01 to the group!

Glad they haven't given me the boot since I haven't stop by in a while :bigsmile:

Enjoy your day!

Curly, I actually thought about you when I took a walking break, I was like like "what would Curly think, get moving!" :laugh:
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group and good Morning Everyone!

Ellie, I have my fair share of moving stories so I feel for ya. It so mentally and physically exhausting. Hope the transition smooth’s out a bit!

I tried to get up early for my run today but my body wanted more sleep. Something about a stray sliver in my toe that would rub my sheets the wrong way and wake me up. I think I got it this morning. Now the hole I left behind hurts a little haha. Doesn’t matter though because I win... you hear that sliver!!! I WIN. So, I'll be going on a late run this evening. Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hello all - it's almost Friday!! Hope everyone is having a great week. I've been seeing lots of new faces - love it!! I need to get back in the swing of checking in every day. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and share my small victory. This is definitely motivation for me to keep it up.

5 lbs lost + 2 months of lifting = noticeable difference in the same dress. :smile:

91bhg5.jpg
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - :flowerforyou:
  • shorty313
    Options
    Nice work Susan!
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Nice SusieQ! U r :smokin: !!!!!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya gang, hope everyone's had a good day in their bits of the planet. I see a lot of new blood on the message board which can only be a good thing. Well hello and welcome to the neighbourhood newbies. Don't be shy whatever you do :smile:

Just got back from the gym. it was the first of my new all strength training sessions (bar a 5 min warm up and 5 min slow down on the stepper). Have been comfort eating my little heart out today. Nothing junk food related. Mostly just extra fruit. But still it all adds up and my poor tummy never knew what hit it. But the gym session helped and left me feeling a bit more centred and focused (and a lot less guilty about pigging out). I'm now home, sat on my couch drinking my latest smoothie creation. The recipe couldn't be more straight forward. 100g of banana, 70g of strawberries and 70g of honeydew melon and 100ml of semi skimmed milk (sorry non fans of metric). Stick it in the food processor, mix and enjoy. Tastes bloody lovely even if i do say so myself. Hopeful for nice weather this weekend so I can get a training hike in for 3 peaks. I have one planned that's a 16 mile walk between 3 reservoirs. Bit of a step up from what I've been doing but my body needs to get used to it before the main event in September.

Take it easy Guys and Gals
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hello all - it's almost Friday!! Hope everyone is having a great week. I've been seeing lots of new faces - love it!! I need to get back in the swing of checking in every day. Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and share my small victory. This is definitely motivation for me to keep it up.

5 lbs lost + 2 months of lifting = noticeable difference in the same dress. :smile:

91bhg5.jpg
    You look great!!!!!
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    I'm Corey and rather new to MFP (day 11) and just starting to get a feel for the program and the features. Great database and this group is great!

I'm just starting to get back into the swing of exercising, and the weekly challenges should help me get out of bed. Sometimes that snooze button is just too tempting!
  • Misterbigg37
    Misterbigg37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm also hitting the gym hard...Questions, How do u all feel about adding protien to your diets. Like drinking "Muscle Milk" after a workout and such? My friends tell me to do it, but I'm not sure. I've been lifting and doing exersize long before that, but if it helps I'll take it. Should I? What do U think?

Thanks for the support. The last two weeks have been hard for me. I'm a teacher and recently went on vacation. I tried sticking to the program, but fell of the wagan sometime, more that I wanted to. I ate things I should not have. But the good news was I gain only one lbs from it. And a couple of days after, I was another 2 lbs down. I'll keep Working for Sure. This marks 60 total lbs for me. Started at 340...and now down to 280. 250 here I come...I've always been a big boy...It's time to change that , right!

22480669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    Congrats on keeping it going!

I usually have a protein shake after my workouts to replenish what I've lost and to rebuild muscle. I also use it to make up some calories if I'm short for the day or to supplement a meal. I use 'MuscleTech' and don't know a lot about the 'Muscle Milk', but whatever you're doing, keep it up.
  • Misterbigg37
    Misterbigg37 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks man...I'll keep doing it. I'm not much help, but if you need some from me just hollar homie!!!