HELLLLPPPP!!!! NEED HELP WITH DAILY CALORIES I NEED

Options
tbolashana
tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
Okay I thought I understood, but now I am questioning if I have been eating enough after reading a couple of posts this morning.

I first of all, want to say I REALLY enjoy learning from the stickys. I've learned soooo much and I am grateful.

My stats:
Female
5'3"
128lbs
I am currently doing Insanity 6 days a week, about 45 min to an hour (there are warm ups/cool downs/stretches, so I consider it 45 min), and burn about 800-to sometimes more than 1000 cal (lower if it is a recovery day, maybe 300). I set my activity level to 3-5hr/week.

SCOOBY SAYS (with the stats I put above)

BMR: 1351
TDEE: 2094
15% CUT: 1780

I would like to know how much I need to be eating.

I make sure that I eat 1780 and if I burn more than 743 during exercise I eat the rest back to stay above BMR. I got that number by TDEE 2094 - 1351 BMR. I thought that was what scooby was calculating my exercise to be, but after reading the other posts today I realized that maybe I was supposed to be doing CUT - BMR to figure how much I am supposed to be eating back. This would mean that I still have not been eating enough.

Please someone explain it to me.

And also should I be cutting on 10% since I only want to lose like 8lbs or so? That number is not a necessity. I have given up the idea of weighing less because I like the way I look and just would like to tone my middle, but if it happens great, if not oh well.

Sorry for the long read. Just in need of clarification. Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating at TDEE, you can't use that figure.

If 1780 is your cut that you are eating daily, you have 1780 - 1351 = 429 calories to burn before going below bmr.

If you are that close to goal weight, others found it better to eat at 10% cut.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I agree with Saelina...And I also think that maybe you should put your activity level up a notch b/c if you are Netting below your BMR on a regular basis then you need to go up to strenuous or do an average of the two b/c you don't neatly fit into either category...I have to do that with light and moderate myself and you can do that if needed...So check out your numbers for moderate on the scooby site and take an average of the two cut numbers that you get for each...This may help you out to not go below BMR so much...Also, like Saelina said, you may want to use a 10% cut or even a 5% cut b/c you are so close to goal and if you aren't really worried about losing but are wanting to tone...You should try it out...I hope this helps you some!! I tell everybody this - The important thing is CONSISTENCY...Make sure to eat your Cut amount every day...Even rest days...Consistency is KEY!!! Best of luck to you!! :)
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    thank u guys so much for responding. i didn't even realize until i read the other posts from earlier. i definitely will go ahead and change my cut and also my activity level.

i am learning sooooo much it is astounding. this group is a blessing to me.