A Day of Hunger

Options
mstorvik
mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
Yesterday I felt hungry *all day.* I didn't work out like I usually do, but I do track my calories and even when I do workout, I try to stay at about 1600. I would say that about every hour or so yesterday my stomach was churning and I therefore ate something.

What could cause that?

I also was tired and felt the need to take a nap in the middle of the day! It was as if I had a blood sugar spike or something? So, so weird.

Do any of you have a day where you are hungry all day? Could it be my womanly hormones? I ate about 1000 calories more than normal. And although I read how you can eat however many calories you want, until your body is happy, and still lose weight and be in ketosis, I don't feel comfortable eating the 2500 I packed on yesterday.

All you pros out there - what do you think? I haven't weighed myself (I know, I know... I shouldn't weigh myself everyday - but I do because I like to see if any changes happened: good OR bad!) so I don't know if I lost or gained yet. From how I feel, I feel the same or less.

Replies

• mstorvik
    Options
    Interesting: I still lost 1/2 lb yesterday. Maybe my body just needed it?
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you might need to add a snack in mid morning, mid afternoon and maybe a night time one. Just something like to carry you through the next meal. Your sugar levels are changing this is normal it means they are stablizing. Most times I will have like an once of cheese or 15 or so almonds. small apple with sugar free salt free peanutbutter. something like that. Just something with some protein. Trust me you will do much better. It also means your boddies motablizium is now reved up. It's a good thing:happy:
  • mstorvik
    Options
    Sounds like you might need to add a snack in mid morning, mid afternoon and maybe a night time one. Just something like to carry you through the next meal. Your sugar levels are changing this is normal it means they are stablizing. Most times I will have like an once of cheese or 15 or so almonds. small apple with sugar free salt free peanutbutter. something like that. Just something with some protein. Trust me you will do much better. It also means your boddies motablizium is now reved up. It's a good thing:happy:

Looking at my diary you can't tell... I actually spread all that stuff pretty much throughout the day. It just felt like a roller coaster yesterday! Stabilizing blood sugars... never thought of it! Thank you for all the advice!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    get some fatty, protein filled snacks. gets rid of those hunger pains.
  • ZipperJJ
    ZipperJJ Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yes, could be hormones. I got my TOM last week and I was a freaking eating machine. I also was super tired. My weight went up for a couple days then went way down.

My body's reaction to TOM changes all the time, fwiw. I had forgotten that those are things that sometimes happen to me.
  • mstorvik
    Options
    So get this... today my pee REEKS. I've been LC for over a week and today was the first notice of it. What a weird smell. So I am wondering if it was the double whammy of hormones + changing fully over to ketosis that caused my crazy hunger and sleepiness?
  • spartangirl79
    spartangirl79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have days like that. I'm new to low carbing, and Sunday was day 7 for me. I had done a 45-minute run in the heat (almost 90 degrees) the day before, and Sunday I was sleepy, thirsty, and HUNGRY for salty snacks. I had NINE pieces of turkey bacon and SIX string cheeses, not to mention some other random cheese and salty stuff. I thought I had hydrated well enough before and after my run, but perhaps not. I figured I'd be bloated as all get-out the next day but I was actually down a half pound from the previous day.

I figure I was partly dehydrated, and partly TOMing. LOL.

Listen to your bod and you should be good to go! :flowerforyou:
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have noticed in the past on Atkins, when I am having a hungry spell it is because I am getting ready to have a Whoosh on the scale!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I have noticed in the past on Atkins, when I am having a hungry spell it is because I am getting ready to have a Whoosh on the scale!

%^^^ agreed :). I call them " incredible hunger days" and usually they are sometimes followed by a loss for some reason... Not always.... But I have hungry days and My hunger has definitely stabilized since the beginning.... I remember I never used to be hungry when I first started...
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    You may need to add salt to your diet, the process of adjusting to being a fat burner rather than a glucose (sugar) burner will cause the body to dump sodium.

Also bear in mind it can take up to 3 weeks to adjust, otherwise, if you definitely hungry and need to snack then go for some protein, can't go wrong with that :)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recommended-reading/729321-low-carbers-salt-dizziness-muscle-weakness-fatigue.html
  • mstorvik
    Options
    Vim - YES! I started drinking salt water when I get those symptoms.... someone on one of my other posts warned against that, but I know that had to be what it was since I dump salt through my sweat like a madwoman. The postural blackout thing is horrible... I still get it, but that just reminds me to amp up the salt!

Thank you for that thread!!