Newbie Help

Options
Hi!
I've read several posts and watched a couple of the videos. I think I'm starting to understand but need some advice.

Do I start with a metabolism reset or the daily Cal amount? I have not severly cut calories in the last 2 years .

if I start with the reset do I eat TDEE?

If I understand correctly, I should never go below the BMR?

Any advice on the macronutrients?

How do I set up my MyFitnessPal to reflect this. It has me at around 1330 calories.

Am I even asking the right questions? <lol>

Here are my stats from Scooby as to what I am at this moment-- with no excercise and 10%
age 49
wgt 185
desk job little excercise
10%
5 meals
macro nutrient using Auto
BMR 1529
TDEE 1835
daily cal 1892

I do walk and do calestenics (squats, light weights ect) but it is at times sporadic. So I cant claim to be regular at this very moment. 10% and 15%

here is with light excercise
BMR 1529
TDEE 2102-10% 1787 -15%
daily Cal 1787
macro nutrient using Auto

Thank you for any input :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Do I start with a metabolism reset or the daily Cal amount? I have not severly cut calories in the last 2 years .

this is up to you! many do a reset if they have been very low cal for an extended period of time. I skipped it personally

if I start with the reset do I eat TDEE?

yup. i think the rec here is 8 weeks for reset...

If I understand correctly, I should never go below the BMR?

YUP! never, ever!

Any advice on the macronutrients?

rec around here is 30/40/40

How do I set up my MyFitnessPal to reflect this. It has me at around 1330 calories.

you can go into goals and change it up...select "custom" not mfp recommended

Am I even asking the right questions? <lol>

yup!
  • Starlight50
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. This is a very active group and a lot of people post. I figured I would get lost in the shuffle :)

I think I'll start with the cut and see how that goes.

This all makes more sense than drasticaly cutting the calories which would drive me to binging anyway.:happy:
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The macros recommended is actually 40/30/30 - 40 being your carbs :)
  • Starlight50
    Options
    Thanks!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've already gotten your answers so just wanted to welcome you to the group!
  • Starlight50
    Options
    Thank you!

It seems people are getting steady results with this method and that it is truley a way of life.