Macros!

Hey all!

I am starting on this amazing journey to eat more and am starting to feel much more energized and good! I'm wondering what my macros need to be? I am 5'2, around 104 lbs, and am aiming to tone my stomache and eventually get abs ;)
I am shooting for 1600-1700 net calories per day. I try to watch my carb and sugar intake closely, but seem to always go over on sugar even tho it's just from fruit. I also watch my fat intake because I have had high cholesterol in the past.

Also, how do you change your macros on MFP?

Thanks!

Rachel

Replies

• oneida_russet
    oneida_russet Posts: 26 Member
    Hi Rachel,

I have my macros set at 40 carbs, 30 protein and 30 fat.

Change this by going to: My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom > Continue

-Ondrea
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Hey,
    You could do a 40/40/20 kinda thing if you want to keep your fat down.. or you can do the 40/30/30.. or if you want to keep carbs down you could do 40(p)/30(c)/30(f) or a combo your comfortable with... at your height/weight just remember even though you want to tone your abs you can't just focus on one part of your body, you need to do full routines to get your BF% down to get abs to show.. so strength training and eating right... as for the sugar part I wouldnt track that as the sugar in fruit isn't necessarily the bad sugar you don't want to have.. and eating fruit is going to put you over the recommended amount by MFP, so if possible track the sugar your adding to food if you want to track sugar and ignore the big number.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Hey,
    You could do a 40/40/20 kinda thing if you want to keep your fat down.. or you can do the 40/30/30.. or if you want to keep carbs down you could do 40(p)/30(c)/30(f) or a combo your comfortable with... at your height/weight just remember even though you want to tone your abs you can't just focus on one part of your body, you need to do full routines to get your BF% down to get abs to show.. so strength training and eating right... as for the sugar part I wouldnt track that as the sugar in fruit isn't necessarily the bad sugar you don't want to have.. and eating fruit is going to put you over the recommended amount by MFP, so if possible track the sugar your adding to food if you want to track sugar and ignore the big number.

I agree about the sugar. I stopped watching it because the only thing I eat with a lot of sugar is fruit and I was going WAY over every day.
  • Thanks!! I set mine to that as well :)