New to this

I just found this group yesterday and I am very interested in trying this. I have some questions I was hoping someone could answer for me.
the calculator says my
bmr is 1513
my tdee 2345
and my 15% value is 1993

so I should be eating the 1993? I have previously been eating about 1200 to 1400 calories and lost 6 pounds in a month (44 to lose). Honestly I am sort of terrified that eating that many more calories will fatten me up again.
Also they said to eat the same thing everyday?? Does this mean the exact same food every meal every day?

Sorry for all the questions.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Welcome to the group:)
    If you were only eating at the 12-1400 cals for a month, you "should" be ok with just going to your 15% cut value and have no issues.. however you may want to eat at your full TDEE for a few weeks just to bring your metabolism back up to normal.

Yes, you eat 1993 everyday. I eat 2800 cals and believe me, I have not gained back everything I have lost. You may have a gain in the first few weeks because your body might still be thinking you are starving itself and will drop back down to the 1200 cal level.. so dont fear a gain or two.. give it a good 4-6 weeks eating at your cut before you decide to tweak it.

Eat the same thing, means eat your Cut value daily. So dont eat 1990 one day and then drop to 1700 for a few days and then up to 2300 for a few days. Concentrate on eating your cut value. Set your macros to 40% carb/30% fat/30% protein and aim to hit your macros daily.

Make sure you read through al of hte stickies at the top and get an understanding of what may happen once you increase your cals again
    Hope this helps!
  • thank you for the help! how do you manage to eat that many calories in a day? I could see myself eating 1500 cals a day but not sure how I will get it up to 1990
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    thank you for the help! how do you manage to eat that many calories in a day? I could see myself eating 1500 cals a day but not sure how I will get it up to 1990

Small meals frequently, also finding those good to eat calories are a must i.e. Can of tuna, almonds, spoon of peanut butter, protein powders. Also you will find with this program you might have that "full" feeling the first couple weeks, but once your metabolism kicks back in you are going to find it harder and harder to stop eating! I am always hungry now!

SFC Q
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 994 Member
    Welcome to the group!! :)

Yes so how do to it?

Dont eat "lite" or "diet" products. full fat, regular products. nuts, tuna, cheese strings, greek yogurt!! mmmmm
    a lot of peopel on this group will have open diaries, go browse someones diary and see what they are eating.

If you are gonna go for it you should change your macro nutrient ratios to 30% carbs, 30% protien, 30% fats. You can do this under
    "my home" -> "goals" -> "Change goals" -> "custom"

Let me know if you have any questions along the way and be sure to read all the thumb tacked threads in this group!!

Eating more is much more of a mental challenge.. good luck!! :)

You do not have to eat the same thing all the time. Just meet your 15% cut calorie goal daily and try to hit your new macro's!
  • I currently eat 6 meals a day but at like 200 calories a meal or a little more. I eat mainly lean proteins and fresh vegetables. Probably going to incorporate some peanut butter in there for extra calories.
  • thank you everyone for all the good advice! it will be nice to finally eat as much as my husband!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    I have a protein shake everynight and it really helps me meet my macros. I do some variation of:

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese (sounds weird, but makes the shake so creamy and you don't taste it at all!)
    scoop of vanilla protein powder
    raspberries/blueberries/strawberries
    peanut butter
    ice
    water

It's pretty much the only way I am going to hit my protein number :smile:
  • I put in the value for my 15% cut and it said this

Daily Calorie Deficit -130 calories
    Projected Weight Loss -0.3 lbs/week

does that look right?
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    I put in the value for my 15% cut and it said this

Daily Calorie Deficit -130 calories
    Projected Weight Loss -0.3 lbs/week

does that look right?

Ive just changed mine to a cut value and it is showing loss of -0.3lb per week so i would think that that is correct.
  • thank you!
  • oops now I have a new question. Do I still log my exercise? Because the 1990 is based on working out 3-5 hours a week. I started the supreme 90 day workout today which is only 30 minutes long. So if I log that, it will add more calories, which I am already accounting for.
  • juicemoogan
    It depends on how well you can keep your #'s straight..

If you set your intake goal to your cut, and log your exercise, your macros will change and the # will go up on the food page.
    But on your home page the "goal" # will stay there.. so you can use that as your guide, and be sure to stick that # daily.. Or you can log your exercise and input only 1 calorie burned. so it doesnt change your food intake #'s/
  • It depends on how well you can keep your #'s straight..

If you set your intake goal to your cut, and log your exercise, your macros will change and the # will go up on the food page.
    But on your home page the "goal" # will stay there.. so you can use that as your guide, and be sure to stick that # daily.. Or you can log your exercise and input only 1 calorie burned. so it doesnt change your food intake #'s/

thank you for the advice!
  • juicemoogan
    p.s.

Take Measurements of every part of you, and take Pictures now! :)

Then you can be sure to know your progress even if you don't feel there is any or see it yourself..
  • lol will do! someday I will be proud of how far I've come but today it's hard to imagine I will want to show the before shot lol