More calories, fewer carbs?

Options
stfriend
stfriend Posts: 256 Member
I've been doing the reset for exactly 1 week today. I'm getting better at it but I'm really struggling to get enough calories without getting to many carbs. There is only so much lunchmeat and PB a person can eat. I'm diabetic so this is really important. I've read through alot of posts but haven't found this so if its been addressed already I apologize. I'd really like to hear any tips on upping my calories without going super high carb.

Replies

• oneida_russet
    oneida_russet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you have your macros set at 40/30/30?

How many grams of protein have you been getting?

I would suggest plain Greek yogurt (8 grams of sugar per cup), cottage cheese, eggs, protein powder and nut butters.
  • oneida_russet
    oneida_russet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary...I would suggest adding sugars to tracking.

Do this by going to My Home > Settings > Nutrients Tracked (Then scroll for options)

You can track up to five.
  • stfriend
    Options
    Thank you for your response! I will definitely add tracking sugar. I have my macros set up a little differently. I'm definitely getting enough protein, but I did set the carbs a little lower so they're closer to what the nutritionist recommended. I know the ice cream is a problem but I really only eat it to add in calories. I'm working on upping my calories without it.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you concentrate on getting in your 30% protein (40c/30p/30f) you'll likely find that your carbs will naturally come down. It's hard to get in that 30% of protein and by the time you get that down, carbs and fats are usually not too bad.
  • stfriend
    Options
    Thanks! I just checked and I have my macros set to 40% protein and 30% carbs and fat. I was thinking this put my carb levels where it should be. I will focus on the protein more, though.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Cans of Tuna, salmon burgers, and protein powders low in carbs are all great sources of high protein low carb ratio's
  • stfriend
    Options
    I'm going to start looking into the protein powders this week when I go to Wally-world (walmart). I haven't reallly looked at those before but everyone here swears by them so I'll give it a try. Thanks!