new to group

Options
davidsgirl145
davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
Knock Knock, anybody home :flowerforyou:

I'm new to this lifestyle... i've eaten very little meat for the past 3 weeks... coming from a person that couldn't get it out of my head that low carb was the ideal diet...a few weeks is Huge! I'm tired of being fat and obviously, low carb is Not working for me.... and i struggle with the eating animals...(i thought i was suppose to to be healthy)....but, not negative toward anyone that does! I would be more of a flexitarian because i will take a bite of something i'm cooking for the rest of the family to taste it and make sure it tastes good for them...or i will have a very small piece. The longer i go with out it...the easier it is. But, i can't see myself never eating it again. Filet mignon and lobster tail have always been my favorite foods...So, seeing as these are not ''everyday foods''...i'm pretty safe until my anniversary. Or I may just really want a Real burger once in a while!! I eat mostly fruit, veggies, potatos, rice, corn, and beans. I really would love friends on this lifestyle. I am on everyday and SUPER supportive and Always Positive toward my friends and their diary/exercise plan!!!!!!!
*What turned me around... the documentary Forks Over Knives. The Engine 2 diet book. The China Study. Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, Food Matters.

Replies

• charlestonchickk
    charlestonchickk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I saw the Forks over Knives documentary and it cemented the idea for me, that this clean eating is the way to go! I am like you in that I can't say I won't ever eat meat again. I have been "Flexitarian" for about 3 months. I love it! My skin looks brighter and my memory has improved. I feel fantastic and have so much energy. I feel better than when I was in my 20's! I'm 54 now and about through menopause. The weight loss really slows down during that time, and it redistributes in awful places. I look different even though weighing the same. Such is life. I have learned to finally accept it. But I will not give up on my weight loss goals. It may take me twice as long, but my main goal is to be healthy.

If you check out the diaries of non-vegetarians, you will see how much more food a vegetarian can eat in a day and stay within calorie limits. Some people on here starve themselves!

Yesterday I was at the drugstore and got the crazy notion that I would die if I could not eat something with chocolate or sugar! It was the worst craving ever. I am nervous about my upcoming wedding in 11 days, I suppose. In the past I have always been an emotional eater. I eat when I am happy. I eat when I am sad. I eat when I am angry! I suppose the only time I don't overeat is when I am in perfect balance.....how often does that happen!!!!! So..............I performed a "dietary experiment" and did not give in to the craving. I told myself it was just a FEELING and feelings come and go. You can't always act on a feeling or emotion, so just let it scream like an angry child. It will pass and you will have skipped the part where you feel guilty and disappointed in yourself and maybe even gain a pound...just skip it! I did, and I went home and ate a veggie burger and all was well. Maybe next time will be even easier. I was really proud of myself.

I would love to keep in touch and be a support for each other. Hope to hear from you soon!

Kathy Ann
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hope it's okay that I joined the group. I will be starting the flexitarian lifestyle next week. (Giving myself a little over a week to read my books on it first) I was at the hair dressers, reading an article about Dr. Oz, and he was saying how his diet doesn't have much meat in it. That meat makes him feel sluggish and kind of yucky. It made me think back to when I had been on the Richard Simmons Blast Off Week (which only has a little bit of meat). Whenever I did that, I felt healthier, and like I had more energy. So when I got home I googled diet with very little meat, and it spit out flexitarian. I'm very excited to start next week, and am gathering all information I can to make sure I do it right.

14877786.png
  • Robin_Dennewitz
    Options
    September 16th 2013

Is this group still active? I see it has been several months since anyone posted. :brokenheart:

I sure would like to communicate with others who have chosen to follow a Flexitarian diet.
    Please feel free to add me as a "Friend" :smile:
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...yes, it's pretty quiet in here...

Hope not everyone has left.
  • centermom71
    centermom71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active? I haven't had meat in over a year. I'm currently on a medically supervised, VLCD but now that I have most of the weight off, I'm transitioning to food. I want to mostly be WFPB but don't know if I can commit to 100%.