How many days a week do you workout?

What's your weekly workout schedule look like? I usually go 6 days a week alternating between cardio and strength. Been feeling ultra burned out so I'm thinking hard about adding 1 more rest day in to the mix.

Replies

• knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Usually 4-5 days a week. Generally one day of HIIT on the elliptical, and the other days I alternate between Ripped in 30, a short kettlebell circut, or a yoga DVD...
  • swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    Right now I'm doing 6 days with 1 rest day. I'm lifting 2x, Zumba 1x and walking 3x. I'm currently training for the Susan G Komen 3-day walk in Oct so I have to get 3-4 long walks in a week. But after that's done I'm going to add a yoga class and drop some of the walking.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    right now i do crossfit 3x week and try to do the gym 1 or 2 times as well....i titled myself as "moderate" haha so i hope thats right :P i do walk half hr every day? lol
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    4 times a week...but 2 of the days i do just a hour...one day i do 2-2.5 hours and the last day i do a 10km run and then 2 les mills classes (pump and balance) back to back. But i am working on adding a 5th day.

Basically i run 6.5kms one day...10kms another - i tend to do 2-3 pump classes per week and 1 body balance class + 1 PT sessions of weights....i also jump on the xtrainer usually 10-20 mins to start each day off. Im also trying to add a 5th day which will end up being 30-60 mins kick boxing :)
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    About 5 days for me. 3 lift, 2 cardio (on a good week, lol). If anything gets skipped, it's usually cardio :P

~Kiki
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 575 Member
    It used to be 6. Then 5. Then 4. Now it's 3. Lifting with a touch of cardio after. I'm lazy.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    I have worked out for the past 11 days straight lol. I am aiming for 6 days per week though, just depends on how I am feeling. I do a combo of cardio (3-4 times per week), muscle endurance (lighter weights and high reps 1-2 times per week), and strength (3 times per week). I have a couple of vacations coming up and I don't work out on vacation so that's why I have kicked it up so much lately. I am considering going 3 on and 1 off so it still equals 6 days per week, but fewer days straight. What do you guys think about doing that?
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    On average , 5 days. 3 days heavy lifting and core ; 2 days outdoor walking w/ hills or 30 minutes spinning. 2 days rest. Some weeks I don't get the 2 days of cardio ...some I do
  • thmprdale
    thmprdale Posts: 30 Member
    This week (my first week back at it) will be 5 days wwith walking on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and 30DS tomorrow. Wednesday and Sunday are/is my rest days.

Starting Monday, though, it'll be C25k on Monday-Wednesday-Friday and 30 Day Shred Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday with just one rest day. That way I'm cutting my days outside quite a bit by working out inside but still getting really good workouts that will benefit later on (C25k for running and 30DS for strength training).
  • braggsalot
    braggsalot Posts: 41 Member
    I am still trying to get my workouts all figured out.

I do Body Pump on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and sometimes Saturday. Hour long class.
    Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday I do strength training for 25-35 minutes.
    Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday I do eliptical for 33 minutes.

A couple times a week I will walk my dogs. I have been neglecting them since I started lifting. I will also go bike riding but it is not consistent.

Saturday is my rest day for the most part. I just don't feel right though when I don't work out.
  • rherington
    rherington Posts: 85 Member
    I workout 6 days. Was just doing tap out in the am. This week I added the treadmill for 45 minutes 5 days pm. Usually take Saturdays off.
  • jenniekw
    jenniekw Posts: 104
    I workout 5 days a week, 3 days Upper Body and 2 days Lower Body. I do cardio 6 days a week with either 20 mins of the Treadmill or Ellipti Mill but push hard at it with either the Incline or Resistance. That puts me right at 5 hrs a week to be in the Moderate zone.
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    I am definitely in the minority here: I'm a 2-3 day-a-weeker. I do a quick cardio warm-up and then lift heavy for about 40 minutes. I can't do too much because of joint pain (Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue), so I listen to my body and capitalize when I am feeling good and rest when I am not :smile:
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    5 or 6 for me. I'm following the TurboFire schedule so there is a lot of cardio but 2-3 days a week there is lifting as well.

After this I'm going to start ChaLEAN Extreme so that will be a lot more lifting than I'm doing now.
  • I do 3 days of heavy lifting and I take 2 classes of Krav Maga per week. I have just started to incorporate some walking on my treadmill again this past weekend (only about 45 minutes or so at 3.4 mph).

I was killing myself with cardio before I started heavy lifting. I love, love, love it!!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    2 days heavy weights @ the gym, 1 day doing weights with trainer and 3 day mixture of spin or 30day shred.