Tool Recommendations for Measuring Calorie Expenditure

Options
Am loving this group and EM2WL. I think I've got the philosophy & the number crunching & the eating thing down pat, and have been on the program for about a month--BUT--I've already seemed to have plateaued again. Always use MFP for workout estimates to ensure I'm always over BMR, but I'm thinking my next best bet and investment should be something to really help me how many calories I'm burning--what tool works best for the program???

Replies

• aroby001
    aroby001 Posts: 16
    Options
    Am loving this group and EM2WL. I think I've got the philosophy & the number crunching & the eating thing down pat, and have been on the program for about a month--BUT--I've already seemed to have plateaued again. Always use MFP for workout estimates to ensure I'm always over BMR, but I'm thinking my next best bet and investment should be something to really help me how many calories I'm burning--what tool works best for the program???

Try obysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ , is what most have used, and apparently it is accurate
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I personally use a heart rate monitor to get accurate measurements of how much i am burning when exercising. But if wanting the total days burn a fitbit seems popular or a bodybugg
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM on my Garmin for running. Ive just started using it during my weight lifting sessions, and I have been shocked at how many cals are being burned by it. I had no idea!
    Ive heard the fitbit and bodybugg things are great for doing your daily estimates of cals, but a HRM is the best way to calculate your burn while working out