30's Daily - 6/29

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Themoodys13
Corey (coreyisaacs)

Replies

• lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    TGIF!! Lets get ready the the weekend :drinker:
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    TGIF!! Lets get ready the the weekend :drinker:

^^AMEN!!

First of all, thank you all for the kind words yesterday. I was really excited about getting into that dress and actually feeling good about it. :smile:

I hope everyone has had a fabulous week. Mine went by pretty quickly considering I've been waiting on pins and needles about this job and operating in a bit of a fog since the crazy weekend. Hopefully things will settle down a bit over the next few days, even though I'm travelling to Indiana and back again this weekend for my mom's birthday.

Fortunately I have Monday off - it's our first wedding anniversary. :heart: That means I probably won't be tracking food much that day - we'll be having hot dogs for lunch (there was a hot dog vendor at our "baseball themed" wedding), not sure about dinner yet but most likely excessive, and definitely leftover wedding cake!!

In the meantime, I'm just going to knuckle down, keep eating right, and get my butt back to the gym!!

Have a great weekend ya'll!! :wink:
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    So ready for the weekend!! Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Happy Anniversary SusieQ
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Susan - I didn't post yesterday, but congrats, you look fabulous! And happy anniversary!

TGIF everyone! I was going to go for a nice long walk this morning...but as it turns out it's almost black as night here and we're getting some pretty intense thunderstorms. Boo. Hopefully they clear up before this evening, since it's ladies' night out :bigsmile:

I'm thinking about re-incorporating more cardio into my workouts. I'm currently near the end of phase 1 of NROL4W, and I'm definitely making progress in the amount of weight I can lift and the intensity of the moves I'm doing (for instance, I struggled to do 8 full pushups a few weeks ago, and can now pretty easily do 3 sets of 10)...but it KILLS me that I haven't dropped a single pound (or inch, for what it's worth) in several weeks. The "rules" say I shouldn't really be aiming to lose weight AND build muscle at the same time, but gosh darnit, I'm impatient :wink:

For others doing wight training - how much cardio are you doing with it, and how much of a cut are you doing (if any) below your TDEE? Trying to decide whether or not I should change anything now, or just be patient and wait until the next phase, which incorporates a little bit of interval training anyway...
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Emma, I've just finished stage 3. I did stage 1 with no cardio and three lifting workouts per week as in the book but cut down two two lifting workouts per week and 2-3 cardio days. Honestly I'm thinking about dropping the program and trying something else for the exact reasons you mention! As of today I have officially lost a whopping .2 pounds in the, let's see, 2 and half months I have been doing this. Stage 3 is even the first time I even had any noticeable (meaning measured inches) changes in my body. I guess everyone will progress differently, but I'm just not sure this is the right fit for me. I've been eating at TDEE -15% officially for about the last month. My calories have been pretty sporadic during the program but I've always tried to keep some amount of cut. Are you in the NROL4W group? To be honest it doesn't really seem like anyone loses weight while they do this from looking through the threads in there.

I had tried another lifting program before starting this one that I was considering giving another go, I lost 4 lbs in the couple weeks I did that one but I'm not sure how much of that was due to changing my diet as the actual program.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ellie - I am in the NROL4W group, but I like the daily forum here better, honestly :bigsmile: ; it's good to know I'm not the only one frustrated with slow changes. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm getting stronger, but it would just be so darned encouraging to see *some* change in numbers (whether on the scale or the measuring tape).