low calories burn

Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
I exercise 5 times a week but barely burn 250 calories each session. Should I keep my exercise level to moderate?.

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Yes, it really doesn't matter the burn...People with less weight to lose burn less and the more overweight the higher the burn...As long as you are exercising between 3-5 hours each week I would defintiely keep it at moderate but if it's more like 1-3 hours maybe lower it...You could also do like I had to b/c I do not fit neatly into either of those I have my numbers set at an average of the two numbers...Which seems to be my 'sweet spot' so to speak....Just be honest with yourself on the hours that you are working out not the actual burn...I hope this helps!!

With only 1lb to go it looks like from your ticker it sounds like you are doing Amazingly well!! Congrats to you on that!! :)
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    I just chose 'sedentary', then added up my total burns for the week and divided by 7 and added that number to my sedentary TDEE and lo and behold, it added up to almost exactly my TDEE at the 'light' activity level. I find it very hard to believe that merely the amount of time spent exercising determines your activity level.

Just be really honest about how hard your pushing yourself, a one-hour 2 mph walk seven days/week does not necessarily a moderately active person make, IMO. If I spend 95% of my day at a desk pushing paper, then come home and run for an hour two days/week and lift for an hour three days/week, after which I sprawl out on the couch with a good book until bedtime, I wouldn't call that person ”moderately” active, do you see what I'm saying?