Should I start this now or wait? Pelvic girdle pain?

Options
grkathena82
grkathena82 Posts: 42 Member
Hi all,

I just tried to post this and not sure if it went through, so I am reposting. I am reading this book now and have two questions:

1. I am going away in August for an entire month and will not have access to weights. Should I start the program now, stop for a month, and resume where I left off when I come back? I really would like to start now since I have 4 weeks...

2. Does anyone here have issues with pelvic girdle pain and been successful with the program? I've been going for physical therapy for the past year due to issues with my pelvis associated with pregnancy.

Thanks! (and sorry if this ends up on the forum twice!)

Athena

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    1. Vacation is no reason to put it off! :) The first stage is quite long, and you'll have time to get back into the swing of it when you get back.

2. I have not experienced pelvic girdle pain (or pregnancy, for that matter) but if you are currently in therapy, I STRONGLY SUGGEST you speak with your therapist about the program, and perhaps bring the book and show them what you plan to be doing. They may have some adjustments and special considerations for you. As you probably know as you're reading the book, building strength is generally good for pain issues, but you really ought to check with your doctor.

And I know you already have the Rules book for women, but you may want to peek at the authors' new book Lifting for Life, which takes injuries and mobility issues into consideration and spends a lot more time explaining modifications to the exercises.
  • grkathena82
    grkathena82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you Polly! I will start it now then! As far as my therapy goes, she cleared me to do weight lifting, and I asked her about legs in particular. So I think I'm ok there, but I will definitely take the book in when I see her next to show her the programs. I will also check out the Lifting for Life book as well, especially since I have hypermobility issues and am prone to injury.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Great news! Have fun, lifting and on vacation :)