Welcome to the Challenge!

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
Hello and welcome to The Big July Challenge!

Feel free to introduce yourselves, share your goals for the month, and fill in your stats on the group spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmOJp-4C2jhgdE9MRE55ZEkyQkxjcS13RUJjeW5fdlE#gid=0

Don't worry if 4% of your current weight is too much to lose, or if you think it's unrealistic for yourself, just let us know what you will be aiming for instead :)

Thanks for joining, and Good Luck!

Replies

• lottieloves85
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Lottie, and I'm hoping to lose 4%, which at the moment works out as 5.4lbs! Eeek, perhaps I've set that too high but I love a challenge! Also hoping to lose a few inches here and there, I will be posting these results weekly too.

Can't wait to get started! xx
  • Vcervantes5
    Options
    Hello I am super excited to join my first group challenge...my starting weight today is 245 and I not sure how to calculate 4% I get 12 then hit the equal sighn and get 20. Can you help please... Thanks
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm hoping to lose 4% by the end of July, too! My weight as of this morning was 153 (which is what I put on the spreadsheet), but that could change up or down by Sunday morning weigh in, so I'll edit my starting numbers at that time. Currently that puts it at a 6.1 lb. goal to lose by the 31st of July. Hmmmm, that could be a tough one, but I'll give it my best shot!

Thank you for starting this challenge, Lottie!

(I'm currently also on the Summer Challenge that ends on August 28th, so I've got double reason to behave this summer now!)
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello I am super excited to join my first group challenge...my starting weight today is 245 and I not sure how to calculate 4% I get 12 then hit the equal sighn and get 20. Can you help please... Thanks

I used my home calculator to figure out the % weight. If you have a starting weight of 245, 4% of that is 9.8 lbs.
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Hi ladies! Welcome! Thanks devonette for working that out!
    If you feel your percentage is too high then please feel free to change it :)
    x
  • Vcervantes5
    Options
    Thanks for the help Im going to round that up to an even 10!!! :happy:
  • NevaehsMommy2010
    Options
    He, everyone! I'm Adeline!! I'm at a starting weight today of 205...4% of this will take me down to 196.8. It is a big leap for me (8.2 pounds in a month), and it will be especially difficult because i leave on the 15th for vacation...but I'm excited to see how I do! :-)
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I just joined and hopefully this challenge will get me out of this slump I've been in for the past week or so.
  • StephRme2
    StephRme2 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello.. what a fun idea! Thanks for the open invite.. I am 5' 10" and currently at 231 (started out at 242) and 4% of my weight would be 9 lbs.. I think that is being a little ambitious.. but hey- cant hurt to burn it out and see what is possible, right!? I am not able to access the spreadsheet link to upload my info.. can you tell me another way to add my #s?
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Thanks for the help Im going to round that up to an even 10!!! :happy:

That's the spirit!! :wink:
  • grishnic
    grishnic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is my first challenge. I'm 6' 3" and my weight is currently about 206 pounds. I'll weigh when I get home today to be sure. My aim is to lose about 9 pounds. That will take me under 200! :happy:
  • Sassybecky
    Sassybecky Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi there. I am new to MFP but have been reading for a few weeks. I want to join the challenge and see what I can really accomplish in a month. I've lost 17 lbs. in the past two months (most of it pre-MFP) and I want to keep going!

4% of my current weight would be 7.5 lbs but that's probably a little high for me. I have MFP set to losing 1 lb. per week. But I certainly wouldn't complain if I can lose more than that!
  • lionessJJ
    lionessJJ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody... this will be my first weight loss challenge ever.. currently im clocking a 208 at 5'7" so 4% would be 8.37 ~9lbs.. and im super excited to see how well I can do
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Amber and this will be my first challenge. 4% of my current weight would be 9lbs. I am going with that number. I haven't been on MFP for a few months and I am ready to get the ball rolling again. So weigh in is tomorrow?
  • bukkyo
    bukkyo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am in. At 220 I get to lose 8.8 pounds with you guys. Nice to be in this together:smile:
  • gethealthyin90days
    Options
    Hi , I'm new to this site and I'm excited to share my progress with everyone. I'm a mom of 6 with an underactive thyroid. last summer I was able to lose 30 pounds using Body by Vi shakes. i still continue to use them, but my next Challenge is to shed 25 more and get to 6-8% body fat. My goal for July is 10-15 pounds with the help of the Insanity workouts. I will keep you all posted on my progress. :)
  • deanna_rosenbaum
    Options
    Hi!

Deanna here. My current weight is 210. .04 loss puts me to lose eight lbs. Since I lose that much in water weight each time I begin eating healthy again i'm upping my goal to 15 lbs fo the month so that I will see some fat loss too.

P.S. No I don't expect to lose this much each month, just for the first one
  • fitandstrongmommy
    fitandstrongmommy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This challenge sounds like fun I am currently 160 pounds so I will need to loose 6.4 pounds by the end of July. Seems a litle high but I am willing to give it a try
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm in! My name is Becky. I am about 4 pounds from my goal weight and have my cals set to lose .5 pounds per week. I am going to aim to lose 3 pounds in July because its a long month (31 days ;) ) Gotta start putting in some extra time because I go to trial on July 31 for a week and I know it will be hard to keep after it!

Thanks for starting this group - GAME ON!
  • holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Gopod Afternnon,
    I saw this group and got so excited. i really need something to kick me in the pants and get going. I recently lost 25 pounds and I have gained a few back by just eating stupid. I am pretty competative and think being part of a group will really help. I weigh 167 and 4% would be 6.6 something. My personal goal is to lose 10 pounds. I look forward to talking with you all and making july a motivating month.