Insurance needs more info for pre-approval

Options
jmwolffyy
jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
I am so frustrated, although their request isn't all that unexpected. I don't know if my doctor's office was able to send a full 5 years (although the surgery center said they got all my records), because I moved from a different state about 4 years ago. When I started this doctor, I signed a form for them to retrieve my previous records, but I have no idea if they did so, or if the previous office ever sent them. I have a major case of nerves that they will deny me and I will have to do another 6 months of diet and exercise only just to show them that by itself it does not work. Anyway I am just venting, I actually have no idea yet what I need to do. Our patient advocate is out of the office and I can't talk to her to find out my next steps.
Anyway, I have only just gotten back on here, and I don't recall what my profile was; it's been almost a year. I will have to make some changes, I'm sure, so don't believe everything you see on it as being current! :)

Replies

• Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I think I had that happen. Not all the pages made it through the fax machine or something. I don't think it's anything to worry about. If you meet the BMI criterion and have other health problems, they should approve you. (I met the BMI criterion and had sleep apnea, nothing else.)
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I moved within the 5 year span insurance wanted. To be safe I called up my old dr's office and asked them to send me all my records by mail. They did and I gave them to the surgeon so their office could have them all to submit to insurance. I wanted to know that there was nothing missing. Good luck with everything!