Want to try this, but kinda scared!!

butterfli7o
butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
Hi everyone. :) This concept sounds amazing to me, and almost to good to be true! Some background, I've been on MFP for about six months. I'm 5'3 and weigh about 135. I'm not huge, but I definitely have too much body fat. Like many others, I've been concentrating on cardio and trying to keep the cals at 1200. Nothing has changed. Not a inch has gone down. I've been reading so many good things on the boards about EM2WL that I think I just have to give it a try. I'm not a fan of cardio, and have been interested in getting into lifting, so it sounds perfect. I'm excited, but kind of scared! I did the calcuations, and according to the calculator I should be at 1,800 on non-workout days! That sounds like so much!!!

I guess I'm just looking for some words of encouragement or anything you can throw my way!

Replies

• mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Welcome!! You are going to love it. I also eat 1800 and it is fabulous! So many wonderful people here, so don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions. :smile:
  • butterfli7o
    Thank you!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Welcome!!! We are glad to have you!!

I recommend that you watch some of the videos just to see what you should start with b/c doing a reset is a great way to start especially if you have been doing VLC in the past...This is a process and it's not a quick fix but if you have patience and make sure that you are consistent with your calorie intake on a daily basis - even rest days you will find that you will really feel better and look better as well...Don't worry you are doing the right thing for your body and it will thank you for it in return!! Also, here is a great site to find your numbers and like I said above watch the videos to see if you may need a Metabolism Reset and to answer lots of your questions that you may have...But don't hesitate to post another thread if you have additional questions.. :)

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/579855--new-vids-for-em2wl-faqs

Best of luck to you!! :flowerforyou: You CAN do this!!!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    I took the plunge 8 weeks ago & I am glad I did. It works! 8.5 down so far
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    I took the plunge 8 weeks ago & I am glad I did. It works! 8.5 down so far!
  • butterfli7o
    Thanks guys. I'm not in a rush...I mean, I've been eating relatively low-cal for this long and nothing has changed. I'd rather do something that I know will eventually make a difference than something that doesn't do anything! I'm going to check out the videos.