Reset Question

kazzsjourney
kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
I have been eating at TDEE for just over a week...never thought my metabolism was overly damaged as i never did VLCD long term. In the time ive eaten at TDEE i gain up to 2.86 pounds but this seems to have settled at a 2-2.2 pounds gain which i am maintaining nicely....ive had no bloat and in fact ive lost about a inch....im eating 2773 cals a day....and not feeling full could eat more....im 44, female and current weight is 196 pounds...and i exercise about 6.5 hours per week....im actually thinking maybe i dont need to do a full reset and could start a 10% cut now....interested in peoples thoughts?

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Im not sure that eating at TDEE for a week will really do anything in terms of a reset. What were your reasons for going up to TDEE to begin with?

Many people see a loss the first week eating at TDEE.. I lost 3 pounds.. then the next week gained back two. Ive never been one to notice bloat so I can never say I know when bloat is gone..
    ALso many people lose inches at TDEE as well.. also doesnt mean they are not in need of reset.

I would look at your reasonings for why you went up to TDEE. If you hit a major plateau and nothing is happening, then yes Id probably still consider doing a reset. I dont quite remember what your cals were like prior to EMTWL, but it doesnt take much at VLC levels to do damages. Your damages just might take a bit shorter of a time to repair than say mine, where I was VLC for years..I am sure we all think our metabolisms arent as bad as they might be. We all want to believe we were doing the right things prior to this, in order to get the weight off.

Worst case scenario, you make your cut, and either nothing happens, or you stall out again in a few weeks.. then you would have to reconsider a reset at that point. If you just jump in now, then you will be that much further ahead in 2 months time. We all want to get going and start to lose the weight, but if you are planning on resetting so you can do this right, then you need to commit to the full amount of time for it. If not, you will second guess yourself down the line. Wouldnt you rather just do the time now, than have to go through it all again in a few weeks, or even months?

Hope this helps..