New To "Eat More To Weigh Less"

Options
I joined this group in the last couple of months but today is the first day I actually figured out my TDEE and BMR figures. I've been stuck at 168-170 for the past month. More than that, I want a long term plan that will slowly lead to a fit and healthy lifestyle. When I first started my journey I wanted to lose as much as possible. I was still relatively patient when it came to watching the scale. I knew that it wasn't going to happen over night and was happy with 1 lb per week.

I'm not sure whether I should consider a metabolism reset or not. I really haven't been cutting calories for very long, maybe a couple of months. I was eating too much before making this decision and already knew that starving myself wasn't the answer. I kept it around 1500-1700 but now my TDEE - 15% is showing nearly 2000. So, I'm going to give that a try. Curious as to whether I should start at maintenance or if I can jump right in.

I'm 5'3", 170 lbs, and 33 yrs old. At my heaviest, I weighed 195 so I have seen some progress so far. I'm doing TurboFire and ChaLean Extreme for my exercise programs and I'm the mother of 2 toddlers so I'd say my activity level was at least moderate. I have a FitBit integrated with MyFitnessPal so it sets my activity level for me. I'm not sure how that effects my TDEE and base calorie settings. I guess I should look at my FitBit records to see the average calories I burn per day to see if it jives with what the calculator says.

Anyway, glad to be here! Looking forward to trying this. If anyone has any suggestions or comments please feel free to reply or friend me.

:-)

Angie

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I joined this group in the last couple of months but today is the first day I actually figured out my TDEE and BMR figures. I've been stuck at 168-170 for the past month. More than that, I want a long term plan that will slowly lead to a fit and healthy lifestyle. When I first started my journey I wanted to lose as much as possible. I was still relatively patient when it came to watching the scale. I knew that it wasn't going to happen over night and was happy with 1 lb per week.

I'm not sure whether I should consider a metabolism reset or not. I really haven't been cutting calories for very long, maybe a couple of months. I was eating too much before making this decision and already knew that starving myself wasn't the answer. I kept it around 1500-1700 but now my TDEE - 15% is showing nearly 2000. So, I'm going to give that a try. Curious as to whether I should start at maintenance or if I can jump right in.

I'm 5'3", 170 lbs, and 33 yrs old. At my heaviest, I weighed 195 so I have seen some progress so far. I'm doing TurboFire and ChaLean Extreme for my exercise programs and I'm the mother of 2 toddlers so I'd say my activity level was at least moderate. I have a FitBit integrated with MyFitnessPal so it sets my activity level for me. I'm not sure how that effects my TDEE and base calorie settings. I guess I should look at my FitBit records to see the average calories I burn per day to see if it jives with what the calculator says.

Anyway, glad to be here! Looking forward to trying this. If anyone has any suggestions or comments please feel free to reply or friend me.

:-)

Angie

Hello,

I think you are on the right track, you weren't on a VLCD so a reset might not be needed. I would definitely try and hit your TDEE -15% mark for the next 6-8 weeks. This will give you enough time to know what your body needs/responds to eating more :)

Welcome to the group!

Mike
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm also doing CLX and TF!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like! It's always nice to chat with others doing the same workout program!