HELP!!!! HAVE TO EAT 1500 MORE CAL!!!

Options
tbolashana
tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
So i need clarification. This has never happened before so I'm not sure what to do.

My TDEE is 2331. BMR 1351. 10% CUT 2097. I put my activity level at strenuous because I usually burn like 800 or more (I'm currently doing insanity month 2). Well today I burned 1278 HRM and that's not the bad part because I could've just added the 532. But then I went out and did yard work and burned another 1008 HRM (i was out there by myself 3 hours). Now 532 was okay to eat back, but how do I supposed to eat 1008 more!?

So I tried to stuff myself and only made it up to 2600. Is it terrible if I eat only the 2600 because it is killing me that I didn't get it all in? Is there a certain point at which you don't have to eat the calories back? Because 1540 is excessive don't you think. But if I must I will. I don't want to mess with my BMR.

PLEASE HELP. I AM FEELING REALLY ANXIOUS BECAUSE I WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT.

Thank you.

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    At some point its almost impossible to eat back all the calories you expend. I have learned this on my big hikes

Tomorrow I will probably burn 2 to 3k calories on a 10 mile 6 hour hike. I will eat my normal 3,000 + probably 1,000 more...that lierally all I can fit in me lol
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I don't think one day of burning that many calories and not eating them all back is going to do damage. Now if you did this every day it might be a problem! Wow, do you have a cape that says Super Gardener on it??? Hope you got some water in, if it was hot like it is here right now, you would have melted into a big puddle!:drinker:
  • tbolashana
    Options
    At some point its almost impossible to eat back all the calories you expend. I have learned this on my big hikes

Tomorrow I will probably burn 2 to 3k calories on a 10 mile 6 hour hike. I will eat my normal 3,000 + probably 1,000 more...that lierally all I can fit in me lol

That's what I thought, it's impossible. :smile: i also woke up late so didn't get to start eating earlier. :angry:
  • tbolashana
    Options
    I don't think one day of burning that many calories and not eating them all back is going to do damage. Now if you did this every day it might be a problem! Wow, do you have a cape that says Super Gardener on it??? Hope you got some water in, if it was hot like it is here right now, you would have melted into a big puddle!:drinker:

:happy: yeah I put in a lot of over do gardening and it was hot but I had a little breeze at rooms so it was bearable. But I know I didn't get enough water in. :mad:
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Thank you SO MUCH for writing this. I am training to hike Mt. Fuji in a few weeks so I am hiking or walking hills for hours at a time with a 15 lb backpack. Today I was on the treadmill at 15% incline, 2.0 mph, with 14 lb back pack, for three hours and burned about 2000 calories.

It's now close to 9 pm and I'm still 1000 cal under eaten. I'm already feeling sick full by trying to eat more. Take this turkey out of the oven because I think she's done.
  • Morgandobes
    Morgandobes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream..I am pretty sure that is the answer to all the questions in the universe :)