Anyone purchased food from the website?

Options
dr_cheryl
dr_cheryl Posts: 8 Member
Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone has purchased any foods from the Dukan website? This is the link for the British version: http://www.mydukandietshop.co.uk/index.php?ref=dukandiet
Does anyone have any verdicts on the products? I'm a little tempted by the cereals and biscuits for the cruise phase since what I really miss are 'crunchy' foods! But money's a bit tight here and frankly I didn't want to waste my hard-earned if the products weren't up to scratch.

Thanks,
C x

Replies

• soonersgurl
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing. i was purchasing the oat bran or tryihg to in the store. i dont know if its even the right kind that he has. i think hudgens oat bran but says (hot cereal) at the top. so i dont know if its even the right one. for the crunchy sensation, will celery not work for the crunchy feeling?? i just know since in the cruise phase (not there yet) i will probably be munching on that and gum...also, what about beef jerky for the chewiness? kale chips? just giving ideas for the (crunchy/chewy) (:
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about missing crunch! I'm going to attempt to bake some of these this week:

http://dukantopia.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/oat-bran-cookies/
  • dr_cheryl
    Options
    Pleased it's not just me having the 'crunch' issue! Celery I just can't stand so I'm afraid that's out ;) I've tried baking a lot of dukan-friendly things but nothing seems to give a real crunch!

If I do try anything from the website I'll let you all know.

C x

PS I use Tesco oat bran - seems to be doing the trick for me :)
  • robbda
    robbda Posts: 82
    Options
    i've ordered some of those noodles - Shirataka Noodles - haven't used them yet but will let you know!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I haven't. I live in California (US) and we have a ton of chinese/asian stores. I went 'discovery' shopping on of the store and I was amazed at the amount of freshly made soy based noodles. I found one that has 1gm of carb for 29gm of protein for 100gm of noodles (1/2 cup) which I thought was great for just $2/-. But, I had my doubts at the quality of the ingridients used. To my surprise, one asian lady came by and picked them. I asked her and she said it was absolutely all natural product. Anyways, I bought one. I am going to try and will let you know.

The item is 'Soy bean curd noodles'.

However, I miss my almonds/nuts on Dukan.
  • dr_cheryl
    Options
    Well I've bought some low carb noodles from Barenaked foods and they're ok - they need 'drying' by spending some time in the wok after being rinsed off but its better than nothing :)
    Since I'm now cruising until January, I'll maybe try a couple of things from the website if I get bored :)
    C x