Resistance Bands/cables

cazsyl
cazsyl Posts: 89 Member
Does anyone use these? If so what make and are they any good?

I've been looking on the internet and have seen horror stories about them snapping so am wondering if they're worth the money?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I do ue them and I like them. The brand I use is Elastitone.

They are really good and sturdy. You can also clip more than one of them to the handles so you can really increase the resistance a lot. For upper body they are great. I will also take them with me when I go on vacation.

http://www.elastitone.com/productinfo.html
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    I use them for some things, but I prefer weights. They just seem awkward to me and I feel like they put me off balance. To each their own though, some people really like them a lot.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    I bought a nice set but returned them because they felt awkward to use even after watching the lengthy demo video three times, lol. I'm just a lot better at weights. That said, if I were going on vacation I would absolutely pack a set because you do get a good workout with them and they are much easier to transport than a weight set lol.
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    I am doing NROLFW at home and i use resistance bands to do my wide grip pulldowns since i don't that that kind of weight machine that would normally be used for them.
    Found no problems with them and found that the door attachment was good and didn't leave any marks which i was originally worried about since i rent.

I think i'll probably take them on holidays with me too since they are so incredibly portable and light.

I just got mine from ebay for next to nothing.