night shifters WHEN do you workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• shanehd
    shanehd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well i'll start by saying i work 12 hour shifts with an hour drive on either side. shifts are form 6:30-6:30, i do two weeks days then two weeks nights. when i'm on nights i have to workout before work as i am just too zonked when i get home. i need to set my alarm for 2pm and give up a bit of sleep to get the workout in but find it is worth it in the long run.
  • elatrice89
    elatrice89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work 12s 3 nights a week with call, so it's really hard to schedule time to workout. On my first night of the week, I usually go in the morning so that I can go back to sleep before work. Once I've started working, I teach zumba 2 nights a week the hour before work. If i'm not teaching, I go to the gym then. It's easier to talk yourself into leaving home then to talk yourself into staying at the gym after work, in my opinion.
  • Lizisliving
    Lizisliving Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find it easier to workout in the mornings when my shift is over
  • Joleen_J2004
    Joleen_J2004 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Right now I've been trying to work out after work before I go home. I'm less likely to be able to wake up early and go work out.
  • jendavisrn
    Options
    I too am really struggling to workout before/after a 12+ hour shift. After Seeing your posts I'm a bit more inspired to work out on work days. On my off days, I'm struggling with the lack of sleep & energy that comes with regularly flipping schedules so I can see daylight periodically. I guess it's no wonder why I've gained 10lbs over the last 6 months. Thanks for the advice.:happy:
  • amc119
    amc119 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I work 7p-730a. I leave for work around 6, so I get up around 4, workout, shower and go. It works for me, I've done Insanity and Chalean Extreme before work. At first I used to be more tired at work because of it, but after I got used to it, I actually feel better!